Chapter 45: Unknown.

Ray'vn ( Oct. 5 )

My chest never hurt as much as it does now.

I kept the ice pack laid across Chris' forehead.

I couldn't hold in all that I was feeling. I could care less at this point if Ray wants to talk to me or not. No matter how upset I made him, the level of disrespect that came from him was truely heartbreaking. Not to mention, this had been the second time that he'd called me a bitch.

Chris kept floating in and out of consciousness between sleeping and being awake.

"Ma, is he gonna be alright?" "Yeah. Yeah." Devon held her, rubbing her arms. "You ready to go sleep baby," Devon asked Mom. "I'm not sure if I could sleep but okay. Yeah, I'll sleep. I have work tomorrow anyway."

She kissed my cheek and walked upstairs with Devon. Fifteen minutes later, he returned.

Jere had finally came back out the kitchen with some tea for my headache. "Take this too." He held out two pain killers.

I drank some water and took the pills down.

I took my time sipping the tea.

I felt uncomfortable because I could feel everyone staring at me. "Ray'vn," Devon began. I looked at him. "What was Ray talking about?" I so badly wanted to look at Ray so I could read the expression on his face. "Nothing." I wasn't about to go into full detail like this. "Don't start this 'nothing' bullshit with me alright? What was he talking about?"

I inhaled. I looked to my right and Rico was staring at me.

"Devon, honestly, please? I-" "You have five seconds."

I took a deep breath.

"All that Ray said earlier, Chris really put his hands on you?" I looked at Chris, recognition and awareness trying it's best to.....

"Did he?" I held my head down. "Yes."

I felt chills flash throughout my entire body, shaking my nerves.

I knew everyone in the room was looking at me but I was too scared to look up.

"You're lying right," J said.

I bit my lip and said nothing.

"Ray'vn I'm talking to you," he said standing up, his voice getting higher. I stayed quiet. "Ray'vn!" "Jeremy relax," Devon said gently pushing his chest so he can sit back down. "No," he shouted, moving away from Devon.

"Why the hell didn't you say anything?!"

I set the glass of tea on the coffee table and headed for the stairs.

"See. I told you that's all she's good for now. Walking away," Ray said.

"You know what," his Dad said standing up from one of the love seats. He grabbed Ray by his shirt and shoved him into the wall.

Keisha gasped loudly, saying his Dad's name.

"I'm getting real tired of your mouth and these smart ass remarks. I don't give a damn how mad you want to be but your level of disrespect is going too damn far." Ray's lips were shut tight. He eyed Ray as if he was daring him to say something. He turned to Rico. "Did you know anything about this?" Rico stared at me. "Know about what?" "Boy," he barked walking toward Rico before Keish could stop him. "Keep playing this foolishness with me and either of you not gonna be seeing straight for the next couple months."