Epilogue (final part)

Proposing?

Marriage?!

This is insane!

It's only been... like, a year!

I don't even know how I feel at the moment. I'm a mixture between confused, angry, hurt, upset and worried. This is not a good mixture. I feel terrible at the moment. I feel like I'm about to faint or something.

It's even worse because I can't even talk to my Mum about the problem because it's her party, and also because it's about David's proposal. I want to speak to Logan but he's far too drunk. Mind you, he seemed like he was capable of having a deep conversation with David earlier.

Ugh, David. Why did you have to come into my life and just mess things up?

To be fair, he has brought me so much happiness but marriage is just way too soon. Surely Mum's not ready for this, right?

I look out to where I'm heading and see a bench outside the park which I decide to sit on and think about life. I'm only around five minutes away from home.

I sit there for fifteen minutes just thinking about everything, until I see the sleek black car pull up next to me.

Oh here we go.

"Don't try and convince me that this is a good thing because it's not" I say as soon as he rolls down the car window.

"I won't. Just get in and we'll talk" he suggests. I frown at him before realising it's freezing cold out here and I'm going to end up talking to him anyway about this. Might as well do it now.

"The heaters better be on" I mutter, swinging open the car door and hopping inside.

"They're on full whack. I know you have frightonabia" he smiles.

I bite back a smile and shake my head, "Frigophobia"

Google it...

"Same thing" he teases. He always makes fun of me for that.

"So what are we doing here?" I decide to ask as we stay parked outside the park.

"You tell me, you brought me here" David shrugs.

I let out a huff, "You can't marry Mum. It'll mess everything up!"

"Megan, I'm confused. Me and you get along" he frowns in confusion.

"You don't understand" I shake my head. "You ask her to marry you, she says yes, you get married, move in, have kids, and then where the hell does that leave me, David?"

"Well hopefully you'll be in Uni by then, Meg"

"David, this isn't a joke" I huff. "If you ask her to marry you, all of this becomes real. It's not just a fling she has with a guy. It's weird for me"

"Look, you're my main priority in all of this. You're the last person I'd want to hurt by doing this, okay? You had dibs on your Mum first" he jokes.

"Hell yeah I did. We went through this when you first started dating" I raise an eyebrow at him. "I hope you remember all the rules"

It's true. When I started to get on with David and accepted him as being my Mum's boyfriend, we went out for lunch together and I literally just went through all the rules he should obey during his time dating my Mum. I definitely should have put 'do not even think about proposing' on the list. He's obeyed every single thing on the list so far.

"Of course I do" he nods confidently.

"Rule four?"

"Only use the bedroom when you're out of the house" he recites and I smile proudly at him.