"Don't let me come back to find you two on the counter"

I set my alarm for 7am because I was that excited for today. It's Saturday meaning I'm going to the theme park with David today and I honestly don't think anything could ruin my mood right now. Well, unless David cancelled. I don't think I'd ever forgive him.

"Megan, David's here!" Mum calls from downstairs. My eyes widen and I immediately slam my laptop shut, grab my coat, and run downstairs.

"Hey" he chuckles. "Are you ready?"

"She has been for the past two hours" Mum mutters and I roll my eyes.

"Let's go" I smile. "Are we going in your car?"

"Of course" he tells me, handing me the keys. "Be going in the car, I just need to talk to your Mum for a second"

I roll my eyes and take the keys off him. I'm surprised he actually trusts me with these. If he did this a few weeks back I would have crashed his car into the next door neighbours' garden. I hate my neighbours anyway.

After sending a selfie to Logan of me in the car, David comes out of the house, waving goodbye to my Mum.

"Your curfew's eight o'clock" he says as he gets into the car.

"Yeah, I don't really think she cares"

"I'm only following orders" he raises his hands in defence. I hand him the keys and he starts the engine. "Right, how long do you think it'll take us to get there?"

"Hmm, half an hour" I shrug.

He squints in concentration, "I'm gonna go with twenty minutes. We might have to go past the speed limit"

My smile brightens at this and I immediately pull out my phone to time him. Yeah okay, Mum's chosen a good one. She didn't forget to remind me not to push David off the top of any rides if he does anything wrong today. She tried drilling into my head that it'll take some time to adjust to him...

We arrive at the park in 20 minutes exactly. I was polite and knocked off the time it took for him to find a parking space because the place is heaped with people. He'd have to pull some GTA stunt to get past all the people, which would probably get him locked up for 10 years (or for life).

We get into the queue for wristbands and I cross my arms impatiently.

"We're going to be in queues like this all day" I huff.

"You're not a very patient person are you? I thought we could chat in the queues" he smirks and I roll my eyes.

"We can do that at the top of the rides"

He chuckles, "You'll have a job. I bet you can't hack it"

"Yes I can! I'll even go on the front of the biggest one here" I nod.

It's true. You could put me on the scariest ride imaginable and I'd still go on the front. I love roller coasters!

"Look; you're good at bowling, I'm good at roller coasters" I shrug.

"Okay" he nods. "You should've invited Logan today"

"Thought this was bonding time?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah but he could've tagged along. You two get on really well" he smirks.

"What are you trying to suggest?" I huff. If he mentions anything about us being in a relationship, I'm going to have to get handcuffed to the roller coaster because I won't hesitate to push David off.

"You'd make a good-"

"Stop right there or I'll push you off a ride!" I snap, signalling for him to stop with my hands.