Apartment hunting

'Bye Mia!' I said before hugging her. She was going back home today so jay and me could have some alone time after the announcement yesterday.

'See you,' she said as she got into the cab that was waiting for her.

'Have you been on twitter since yesterday?' he asked me.

'No, have you?'

'No, I guess I should tweet something,' he replied.

I opened twitter on ian's iPad and was scrolling through my mentions. Sure there was hate, but there were lots of fans supporting us as well.

'See, I told you not to worry,' he said.

************

'Hey caitlin, what are you up to today?' Daniel  asked me when he walked out of his room.

'Nothing really, I was thinking about going apartment hunting,' I replied.

'So you don't enjoy my company sis?' Daniel joked.

'Yeah, but I feel like I'm in your way. I also like having my own place, I have some money, so I should be able to get something with that,' I replied with a smile.

'You know that the apartment upstairs is on sale, the family moved away recently, I remember when all of the movers were constantly hogging the lifts, you could go check that out,' Daniel  suggested.

'That would be great, except you are forgetting that this is in the middle of newyork and the apartments here are too expensive for people who aren't international rockstars,' I replied.

'Ah, except you are forgetting that you have a twin brother who happens to be just that and he is generous. Besides I am just getting used to you being around. Jay would also like that you are staying nearby,'he said.

'But it's a house, not just a gift, that would be way too much to ask. Even from my "generous" twin brother,' I said.

'If you don't agree, I will just buy the house without your consent. If you agree, I will buy the house with your consent. Your choice,' Daniel said cheekily while sipping his tea.

'Fine, we can go check it out today,' I said.

***********

'This is really nice,' I said while looking around the house

'I agree, similar to mine and Ian's  but a bit smaller,' Daniel said.

'Yeah, still too big for one person in my opinion. I should definitely ask Mia if she wants to move here too. I am sure she could find a job closer to here,' I said.

'Ask,' Daniel  said.

***********

'I still can't believe that Daniel bought this for us' Mia said as she watched in amazement.

'I know, neither,' I said while bringing some of the last boxes into my room.

'Well I guess we should unpack,' I said.

'Yeah, we can have some lunch later,' Mia said before closing my door.

I sighed and sat down on my new bed. I looked around the room and lay down onto the bed and closed my eyes.

'Can I come in?' I heard after a series of knocks.

'Yeah,' I said while sitting up.

'Have you started unpacking yet?' Jay said while coming over and sitting next to me.

'No, not really. I can't be bothered to start,' I said while leaning my head onto his shoulder.

'Want any help?' he asked.

'Yeah, I guess so,' I said. We then got up and started to unpack all of my things so that my room would feel homey at last.