𝐓𝐖𝐎. - 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 ✓

Blue.

One of three primary colors that make up the color spectrum. If you hear the word, what is the first thing to come to mind? Our sky, oceans, flowers, birds? Ask me, and my answer will be quite complex.

Globally, it is estimated that 8-10% of people are born with a common genetic mutation that reduces the amount of melanin in a person's iris. This creates a color that is mesmerizing to stare into. A color that can make you feel like you're staring into an endless sea of possibilities.

His eyes can be the brightest hue of blue like the sky, however, if you peel back the sky you will be met with an unknown depth of darkness.

A sigh escapes from the one with the mesmerizing blues, "Let me ask you something." he spoke, taking a small step toward me. We were a foot apart from each other, "Five years ago, you followed me into the courtyard during lunch. Together we sat underneath the sycamore, having one of the most in-depth conversations I have ever had with someone. Afterward, you left and never spoke to me again. All these years I assumed I did something, but..."

Five years? Has it been that long?

"It had nothing to do with you, I promise." I cut him off, before averting my eyes in the direction Preston continued to walk without us; "You were one of the few people I enjoyed speaking to. My intentions were to never ignore or avoid you, however, when you are constantly receiving extortions. You weigh your options."

"Who?"

I turn towards him, shaking my head. "It doesn't matter, Grayson. Let's just say I haven't had a problem with him in a while, okay?"

He crosses his arms over his chest, "Ex-boyfriend?"

"My lips are sealed. If it makes you feel better, I'll sit next to you in BioChem until the end of the year. Sure, it doesn't make up for five years but it's a start. Deal?"

His eyes lightened in color; I could tell a thought entered his mind, but he dismissed it with a small smile. "I don't want to know."

"What?"

"A thought just entered that stupid head of yours, didn't it?" I questioned, stepping away after realizing how close we were standing, "Well, I for one, don't want to know what it was."

"Who said I was going to tell you? My lips are sealed."

I shake my head, walking away; "You're not cute Grayson."

"You're right, I'm beautiful."

  If I were to tell him the truth, "Beautiful? That's debatable." would he understand? The two of us walk into the gymnasium together arguing over absolute nonsense.

  "What do you mean it's debatable? I mean look at me!"

  "Do you want the definition of debatable?" I ask, turning to face him, "As much as I'd love to continue this pointless conversation, I do have a squad to get to."

The Blue-Eye Wonder puts a hand on his hip, "Pointless? I thought we were having quite an intriguing conversation." he said before turning his back to me.

"You really are an interesting character, Grayson."

  Dick responds, "Deal."

"What?"

"Earlier, you said if it made me feel better you'd sit next to me in BioChem until the end of the year. It's a deal, but don't try to cheat off me too much. I'm a genius."

  If anyone were to cheat it'd be Preston.

I scoff, "Cheat off you? I'm the one with the higher grades."