Tea? (Gaara)

I glared at the small slip of a girl sitting in front of me. This girl had barged her way into my office demanding to have a meeting of some kind with me and was now refusing to leave...unless I drank some tea. She was the newest resident in Suna. She had arrived 3 months ago and had set up a tea shop in the market street.

She was sat there with a firm, unmoving smile on her face. And her hands folded neatly in her lap. Most would have run by now, yet this girl was still here. Smiling at me.

“Glare all you want Kazekage-Sama. It will take more then a grumpy look from those panda eyes to send me running.”

I leant back in slight shock at her statement. Panda eyes? Was this girl so stupid as to mock me? I could feel the sand in my gourd begin to twist and move. My lust for blood may have been hugely depleted but I would not stand for such disrespect. She placed the cup onto my desk and rested her hands in her lap.

“Please Kazekage-Sama. It is a treasured past time in my family. We offer our finest tea to the elder or who ever is in charge of our new place of residence. Now ive pretty much forced myself in this far, so I would be very grateful if you would at least try some.”

The next few minutes turned into a staring competition between us. I narrowed my eyes at her. This was becoming tiresome. I had work to be getting on with and this girl was a distraction. I sent my sand out, wrapping around her middle and lifting her from her seat.

She did not react she simply stayed in the same position, still smiling at me. I growled and made the sand tighten just enough for her to feel it. I moved her closer and glared at her.

“Are you so willing to die? Im sure the other residents have told you more then enough about me. Yet you sit there smiling. Even now when i could very easily crush you. Tell me how you do not seem the slightest bit afraid.”

The smiled on her face moulded into slightly into a sweet smile I had only seen others give to friends.

“You’re right there. I got warned about you the moment I walked through the gates. But personally I don’t think they have any right to comment. We all have demons Kazekage-Sama, yours just sounds a little more aggressive then some.”

I turned my eyes down to the scattered pieces of paper littered across my desk. Her voice sounded so...warm and...Sincere. It sounded...nice. I shook my head of these useless thoughts.

She was still smiling, waiting patiently for my answer. I used my sand and threw her gently towards the door.

“Get out.”

She looked over at the cup still steaming on my desk.

“But the tea-“

My sands rose up and shoved her out slamming the door closed after she had cleared it. I glared at the small cup. Such foolishness to go through for a simple cup of tea. I finally went back to signing my paper work, the tea catching my eye every so often. I reached over and pulled the cup up to my nose. The scent wasnt unpleasant. Equally sweet and plain. I finally decided and brought the cup to my lips.

So many tastes came over my tongue. Like waves of different flavours. Its started out sweet and drifted into sour and then finally a smooth and perfect blend.

It seems this would not be the last time I interacted with this girl.