Chapter 1

NYLA P.O.V.

"Your ugly asf August." I said looking in the mirror. "You got the never to be talking you beta move away from the mirror before you break it and mom has to buy a new one." he says with a smirk. I pout "you know what stfu up dumbass nigga at least i got a boyfriend." "And you telling me that because, I got mad hoes that will drop down on their knees when I tell them to so get tf out of here with that. Oh yah you driving us to school today." "alright whatever man" I said in a sigh. "Boy now I know good and well you ain't just say that you got hoes? Wtf did I tell you bout those nasty ass little girls August if they get down on their knees at the click of a pen and destined to be somebody baby mama and I don't need that to be you." August mother yells nearly tearing my ear drum. "Ight ma. I understand, I'll try and drop my hoes."he says the last part lowly. "TRY boy what you mean TRY, no your gonna drop them nasty ass chicks and y'all 2 hurry up and get ready for school." She says leaving out of my room. "August go to your room and wait for me there." "Nah, you got a soft ass bed so imma stay here and plus I gotta make sure what you wearing is up to par, can't have my lil sis walking around with her boyfriend with half her butt hanging out." he says with sterness in his voice. "Oh, Auggie waggie has a soft spot for his lil sis huh?" I say damn near laughing through that whole statement. "Whatever Nyla I just want you to be protected." I stare at him not knowing what to say, so I just walked in my closet and started getting dressed. I put on an all white long sleeve cropped top with Marilyn Monroe on the front And my all white form fitting skirt and my white flats. I grabbed my purse, book bag and keys and walk out my closet just to see August all comfortable on my bed. "Yo get your ass up and let's go, Monday senior ditch day so I'm tryna have a good day today. Ain't it great being seniors?" " Yea, yea.... hold on wait, where the hell u think you going with that skirt and shirt on showing your curves. You only a senior, we not going to no club. you can just change the skirt and I'll be somewhat fine with your outfit." he Simi-yells. " Oh my god man. whatever imma go change only cause I don't feel like arguing." I walk back in my closet and go straight to my all white pants, I put them on and change into my Jordan Oreo 4's. I walk back out and look at him to see his approval. "That is so much better and prettier, lets go." We start driving and August starts singing to himself thinking I don't hear him. "Aug" He lifts up his brow letting me know I got his attention. "You know u can sing hella good right, you sing better than me sometimes." He doesn't say nothing he just sits there staring at me like I'm crazy. "Um hello, that was a compliment say thank you." I said getting slightly upset. "Oh yah, uhh thanks but trust me sis I don't sound any better than you can stop tryna be so nice." he says still with that same expression in his face. "I'm not I honestly do think you sound better than me but if u think I sound that good thank you😔..." We pull up to the school we go to in Atlanta just in time because I felt an awkward silence about to start. We moved to Atlanta after hurricane Katrina and the deaths of my parents which occurred around the same time. "Well uhhh..... I'll see u during lunch right..." he says bringing me back to reality because I was thinking about my parents. "ummm. Yeah me and Jason should be over there at our table.. you bringing someone new?" "Nah I'm kicking it today but you know I don't like that boy Jason." I sigh "I know, but me and him been dating since 10th grade." he stares at me not saying a thing, looking annoyed at what I just said. Just then Jason walks over to my car. "Hey beautiful, you look good today like you do any other day." I smirk while he smacks my ass and tries to give me a hickie. "Aye.. watch your hands yungin and keep your mouth off her." August says sternly. Jason turns to the side and smirks "wassup August" he says dryly. "fuck all that do what i say and we won't have no problem, you disobey we gonna have one, Ight." Jason nods and let's go of me wrapping his arms around my shoulder and walking me to class. Once the day is over August ask me to drop him off at one of his hoes house and tell me to go him and pick him up when he calls, instead I go over to Jason house since he wanted me to come over anyway....