"Did he touch her?" he asked calmly. The hair rose on my arm.
"What?" asked Naveed, sounding incredulous. "Of course not, I'd never let that womanizing bastard fraternize with my pack- no matter who he is or who he stands for." he shot an accusing look at the male.

He merely nodded and I felt the tension dissipate, yet my arm hair stayed on edge.

"Good," he glanced at me before looking back at Naveed. What was with all the glancing, jeez. "Shall we head to your Hall to further discuss the happening of future events?" he asked, gesturing in the direction of the hall.

Naveed growled warningly but reluctantly pivoted and headed in our direction- well the direction of the hall, but we were unfortunately in his path.

"You," he pointed at Ear, "stay with her at all times. Make sure she stays away from other males for the time being."

Ear excitedly yipped and all I wanted to do was whack him in the head. I settled with a loathsome scowl and then glowered at Naveed.

I urged myself into a change, and painfully molted my fur. My bones began to recede and my hair sprouted from my head and along the rest of my body. When my fingers pulled apart and stretched, and my tail began to recede into my spine I let out a painful cry.

Soon I was human, shakily rising to my feet and staring Naveed dead in the eye.

"I don't need a babysitter- I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself." I pouted, crossing my arms across my chest in defiance.

"You'll do well to follow orders, Nova." And suddenly I realized with who I was talking to and bowed my head, reluctantly submitting to Alpha.

He grabbed my chin and tipped it up towards him. "You will shift back and follow along with us till we reach the Hall. Then you will go home, is that clear?" I bit back my protest and nodded, and thankfully he released my chin.

I was still shuttering from the recent change, and I was nervous to go about it seeing as I'd never shifted so back so closely to the time I'd changed.

I felt my teeth dislodge first, and knew I was in for a world of pain...

I padded alongside Ear, who had taken his new post in leaps and bounds. He
was currently at my left flank, our fur brushing against each other's every time one of us moved. I was beyond exhausted and my drooping tongue and sloppy gait were proof enough for that. A few feet ahead of me Naveed trudged through the undergrowth. His stiff back and shoulders were telltale signs of his uncomfortableness and displeasure.

I made a bet with myself to avoid him for as long as possible after we got this out of the way. I didn't want to deal with a pissed off wolf who was double my size any day of the week. He'd snap me like a...
The feeling of something brushing against my fur had me jumping out of my skin and turning towards the perpetrator. The stranger wolf who somehow had connections to Sylvan and Naveed grinned down at me, his fingers weaving through my fur.

I bared my teeth to warn him off, but a sharp snarl sounded from my left and Ear leaped forward and tried to shove himself between the male and I. I was tempted to roll my eyes but thought better of it.

The dominant male was having none of it and flipped on Ear, baring his teeth and looming over him and between us. "Back off, runt. Just because you're pack doesn't mean I won't tear out your windpipe."

My steps faltered as shock consumed me. I guffawed, trying to hold in the amusement that bubbled inside of me.

Ear reluctantly returned to my left flank and the male turned back to me.