Chapter 17

As time goes by, I get more and more nervous about tomorrow. Damon decided to go back to the boarding house with the guys for the night, being it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding. The girls are all here and Caroline is belting out our wedding song one last time. "The Beginning" by Alice Peacock. I knew what song I wanted all along, but I wanted to be sure she could sing it. Of course she loved it, and being the perfectionist that she is, tweaked it to her liking, which I loved. Over a very delicious Bordeaux, we've badgered Charlotte about what her status is with Alaric.

*******************************

"Ric and I are taking things slow." she says sipping her wine.

"The hell you are! Did you forget that Damon and I stumbled in on you and Alaric, in the midst of you ripping his pants off?" I badger as I'm cut off.

"No!" Elena shouts, excitedly.

"Seriously?" Caroline questions with her shocked face.

"Wow, this is news." Bonnie perks up.

"Fine. Whatever. I like him, a lot and He knows that. He approached me. He's a great guy and I don't regret my decision. But, since we're interrogating people. How about we ask Biri about her relationship with Matt." she winks while pointing her glass at Biri.

"He's a cute little thing, but he was drunk and-"

"And you loved being cornered by him, you cougar!" Bonnie teases.

"I'm only 4 years older than he is. He's legal. What's the harm?" Biri sips at her wine while she laughs.

"He's still in high school, that's the harm! At least Alaric is the History teacher. Biri, if we were to go on double dates, you do realize how awkward that'd be?" Charlotte relaxes as the attention is off of her.

"Then, I'll make sure to never consider you and Ric for double dates. I'll be just as fine double dating with Bonnie and Jeremy or Elena and Stefan." Biri sticks her tongue out at Charlotte.

"And what about me and Tyler? They're good friends too. We can double date." Caroline inquires.

"Of course Care, how could I ever forget about you?" she asks mockingly.

"Are you patronizing me?" she asks.

"I could be. Am I?" Biri smirks at her.

"What do you say we all grow up long enough to go through my wedding list again?"

"Fine. Ok. Sure." they all say.

"So our bridesmaids and groomsmen are, in order of course, Elena and Stefan. Charlotte and Alaric. Bonnie and Jeremy. Biri and Matt. And Caroline and Tyler are last."

"Because I have to sing. Otherwise, the rest of you bitches would be at the back of the line." Caroline teases.

"Keep telling yourself that Care." Elena says and we all laugh.

*******************************

After we go through every fine detail of my wedding. The girls decide it's time to party. Elena cranks up the stereo and pop music flows freely through my house and we take off and dance all around in every room. We find ourselves in my upstairs activity room dancing as sexy as possible when we hear light music coming from outside. Biri runs to the window and turns back to us. "Uhh, Kit you should get over here." she says waving me over.

Sauntering over, I look out the window and my jaw drops. "Someone go turn the music down or off." I wave in all directions.

"That'll be me." Caroline says and is gone in a flash and back with the house now quieter. It's a really good thing we told Charlotte and Biri that most of our family are vampires and supernatural.

Back to the window, all the guys are outside as a boom box rests on Damon's car blasting "How Deep is Your Love" by the Bee Gees. Of all the songs in the world, why this one? Opening the window, I duck my head out, "What are you doing here?" I call down to him.

"Answer my question!" he calls up. It's so cute and unlike him, I have to resist running downstairs and into his arms.

"How deep is my love?" I call.

"Yea! How deep is it? Are we talking ocean or volcano?" He calls in that adorable way that makes me weak in the knees. The girls fall apart behind me and it just adds to everything going on.

"Damon, are you drunk?" I call.

"Maybe! I just wanted to see how this moment would play out. Stefan had an old boom box and I had to take it to see you! We're getting married tomorrow and I wanna know!" He calls and all the guys just laugh and the girls continue to "awe" from behind me. Seriously, this moment should be filmed. He should see this when he's sober. This is completely unlike Damon in every way.

"If you insist-"

"I do insist. How deep is your love?" he calls.

"Kit, put him out of his misery already!" Ric calls.

"It's a bottomless pit!" I call.

"That's not possible! Give me something real!" he calls. It's amazing how adorable he is right now. But, the thought hangs is that he'll never remember this come morning.

"It is possible."

"How?" he cuts me off.

"Because, I've been free falling ever since you told me your name!" I call.

He sprawls backward onto the hood of his car as if he's waited to hear those words from me since the moment we locked eyes for the first time.

"You ladies go back to your night. We'll get him out of here." Stefan calls.

"Did you drive?" I call.

"I did. He wouldn't stop babbling about seeing you once he find my radio." he calls while laughing.

"Just go. Be careful with him though. You know how he gets when he's like this." I call.

Stefan and Ric pry Damon off of the car and attempt to get him in the car when he breaks free. "Kitten. My Kitten, this time tomorrow all of Mystic Falls will know that you're my wife!" he calls.

"We're not married yet, you goof! Now, get out of here!" I call laughing.

They load my drunken fiancé into the front seat of the car, pile in and we watch them leave.

"How cute was that?" Biri gushes.

"He won't remember it tomorrow." I say smiling like an idiot.

"Look at her. She's flustered." Charlotte points at me.

"Oh, my God, Kit you're too adorable right now." Elena squeaks.

"What can I say? That wasn't like him at all and yet, in a weird way it was." I say wearing the same smile.

"I say we make it our personal mission to never let him forget this if he does happen to remember." Biri nudges me.

"Okay ladies, I'm thinking we should get started on the preparations for our beauty sleep. Hair, facial masks, skin, nails, the whole nine yards." Caroline says and we all agree.