Chapter 16

Thursday September 8th, 2011

I wake to the sound of frantic knocking from downstairs. Realizing that today is the day before our wedding, I'm not in the mood for crap from anyone. The past few days have been hectic for all of us. After Klaus' failed attempt to tear me away from my family, I've had to go through the grueling task of explaining my past with Klaus to them. They haven't really elaborated on how they felt about it, but I'm glad they didn't. The last thing any of us need is another awkward vibe throughout our family. The stubbornness that is the group of Alaric, Charlotte and Biri convinced me and Damon that we should at least have a bachelor/bachelorette party. It didn't take long before Tyler convinced his mom to host the party at the Lockwood mansion. I still think she's jealous of our engagement because she had a thing for Damon. The party was huge and the music was amazing. The DJ snuck in a few of my songs, but I let it slide. I was way too happy dancing all sexy around the dance floor with Damon as if the party wasn't even for us. We spent time dancing with our family like we were the teenagers at the adult party. In the process of finding a room, my idea this time, we found out who Alaric had his eyes on this whole time.

******************************* 

Finding an unlocked door, me and Damon stumble in and we're stopped in our tracks. We see Alaric, with his shirt torn open on the bed being straddled by a half-naked Charlotte, who's hunched over him kissing his neck.

"You lucky bastard! I knew it!" Damon almost shouts, excited that his buddy's finally getting some.

Popping their eyes open, Charlotte looks ashamed to be seen like this.

"Damon, you dick! Get out of here!" Ric shouts and I give a look that only Char would understand as Damon pulls me out of the room.

"I told you he liked one of them." I say laughing.

"It was still his business. I like finding out this way though." he smirks at me as we round another corner to be stopped in our tracks again. We see Biri cornered by a possibly drunken Matt, who's macking on her.

"Biri? Age limit." I say to her.

"He's 18 and nothing's happened yet." she smiles at us.

"Fine, just be careful, if you know what I mean." I wink and we find a room to ourselves.

******************************* 

As I'm transported back into the present, I'm bothered by the constant knocking at my front door. Damon is currently resting on my chest and his arms are loosely wrapped around me. Either he hears the knocking and is ignoring it for a few more minutes or hours of being with me or he's really in a deep sleep. Untangling myself from him, I find my robe, wrap it around myself and head downstairs. When I reach the door I immediately become irritated.

"Invite me in." she says as I open the door.

"What do you want, Katherine?" I ask already frustrated.

"You gotta invite me in. He'll kill me." she says pushing against the barrier.

"Who?"

"Kol. I ticked him off. Now, he's after me. Kit, let me in!" she insists.

Rolling my eyes, I walk over to the makeshift cabinet that Ric made to house all of our weapons, I retrieve a stake and bring it to her.

"There, that might help." I say, handing it to her, not caring.

"I don't need a stake. I need shelter. Now." she glares at me.

"Well, you're not coming in." I fold my arms over my chest.