Chapter 10

"Why are you here, Klaus?" I say, staring up at him.

"You have the innate habit of not listening to a word I say." he paces towards me.

"You know the truth now. Why don't you just leave?" I whisper.

"Don't worry love, no one will hear you." he smirks, then sneers. "Is that a wedding dress or are you here out of fun?" he continues to sneer at me.

"I'm getting married, Klaus. I told you I loved Damon and he loves me." I say.

"That simply won't do, now will it?" he asks as if he's really asking himself.

All too suddenly, he bends and grabs me by my shoulders and pulls me to my feet making me shriek. Before I can recover he's pushed me against a wall and forces himself on me. He has both my hands in one of his and he holds my face with the other. He fights with me to kiss me and being he's so strong he wins. 

"Mmm, I love that you always taste like strawberries." he says with his face against mine. I can feel his smile.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask trying and failing to struggle.

"Because I miss you, sweetheart." he says as I feel his hand lowering the zipper at my back and I try desperately to fight him off. This is what he wants?

"Stop this! You're acting crazy!" I shout, hoping someone, anyone can hear me.

"Love can make you do crazy things, or has no one told you?" he says literally ripping the dress off of me and it pools at my feet.

"This is how you want me? In a bridal shop dressing room? You wonder why you disgust me?" I say all but spitting in his face. He takes me by the hair and throws me to the floor and out of the dress.

"You think I want to be this way towards you? Do you think I want you to think of me as a monster? I don't. It's who I am. I will never change." he says looking down at me.

"Then, why don't you just leave me the hell alone?" I shout.

"Because I'm drawn to you. I know it's not the best thing to say, but it's the truth. I need you with me. I haven't been able to breath without you." he flops to the floor and puts his head in his hands. "Ever since Chicago, I've been trying and trying to figure out a way to win you back. I don't say the right things. I don't act the way you want. And apparently, I disgust you. I need you more than I've ever needed anyone and I don't understand why." he says with his head down.

"You have a hell of a way of going about it. I'm not going to feel sorry for you, Klaus. You've proven to me who you are. I don't want any part of you. You should've just let me go when I told you about my feelings for Damon. I'm engaged now. Deal with that." I say, which brings another snarl from him. He stands, grabs me and sends us flying across the room to the other side. We hit the wall and I scream. He holds my hands high above my head and he positions himself between my legs. This entire scene just brings me back to one place and time in my past. I flash back to the dark area of my mind and the horror and bile rise in my throat. He kisses me all over my face, neck, anywhere he can reach. Taking both my hands in one of his, he reaches down to wrap my right leg around him so he can have better leverage. He rips my bridal bustier off of me, sending it flying across the room. He takes the opportunity and explores my entire body the best he can. I feel movement below and I know he's reaching for his fly. Returning from the darkness that's loomed over me, I find his removed my panties and has positioned himself at the point of entry. Before I understand what's about to happen, the most guttural, bloodcurdling scream escapes my throat, "Please, stop!"

Just then, the door flies open exposing a furious Damon.

"What the hell is going on here?" he growls entering the room and closing the door behind him, locking it. Klaus releases me, situating himself and I fall to the floor crying. Damon stoops to check on me briefly after he shrugs out of his shirt and covers me with it.

He flies across the room and the first punch is thrown.

"What that hell are you doing here, Klaus?" he growls again.

"You don't know how to treat her! You're all wrong for her and you know it!" Klaus snarls. He's delusional as always when it comes to me.

"I don't know how to treat her!? I burst in here to catch you trying to rape my fiancé!? And I don't know what's best for her?" he yells the loudest I've ever heard him. I hear beating and shouting on the other end of the door, but they don't seem to care. It's not long before there's an all out war playing out in front of me. They do everything but come near me as I've huddled myself in the corner, zoning out of their fighting. I'm stuck in the nightmare that I've only lived in dreams for so many years. I hear them burst through the mirrors and vaguely I see the door fly open again. The guys rush in and they check the scene. Seeing what I must look like as they all jump on Klaus like a pack of dogs. Next the girls charge in and find me in the corner. They find my day dress that I came in and they help me to get dressed the best they can. Saying nothing, Caroline scoops me into her arms and heads for my house at vamp speed. 

******************************* 

Reaching my door I shrug out of her arms and burst through my door and bolt for the downstairs bathroom. Turning on the shower, I strip out of everything, jump in and close the shower curtain. Instead of actually bathing, I sit under the hot stream and cry the way I'd done only moments before. Why does this have to happen when we're so happy? Why after all this time does this still haunt me? Why now?

******************************* 

"Kit? Are you okay?" Caroline knocks at the door. I don't answer.

"Kit, what happened?" she persists. Then, I hear her phone ring.

"Elena, she's not doing okay. She won't talk to me......No, she's locked herself in the bathroom, I think........She's pretty freaked out......What happened, Elena? What did Klaus do to her?......Please, just get Damon and get over here, I don't know what she'll do next. I'm scared for her......Damon?.....She's not doing alright. Please get here now......Okay, I'll keep her calm the best I can." I hear her entire one-sided conversation.

She twists the doorknob to find that I haven't locked it.

"Oh my God, Kit."

"Don't come in here!" I scream shakily. I hear her back out and close the door again, then I hear something placed by the door. I'm guessing she's pulled up a chair.

******************************* 

A while later, I hear a commotion outside the door and I hear the door slowly open. In my state of complete shock, I see a hand reach into the shower and pull the curtain back revealing an all to worried Damon.