Chapter 14

"You know, I remember you told me that you were a dancer. But, from what I just saw, what's staring me in the face, and most importantly, the look on your face right now, tells a different story, Kit." he says, before I cut him off.

"You're just gonna fall into his trap? Just like that? Don't you see? This is what he wants, Damon. He wants us to fall apart. Why are you even weighing this out?" I ask.

"Because, I should've known about this. You should've trusted me enough. He taunts me with a cake!? A cake, of all the things in this world! Sorry I couldn't be there to see the look on your face. Why after all this time am I still in the dark? What else don't I know about you? Do I even know you at all? Because, I'm not sure anymore. Had you been the one to tell me this a long ago, we wouldn't have to deal with this. With Klaus!" he shouts and waves towards everything and everyone around us.

Finding my nerve, I assure Elijah that he can release me, "You want me to deny any of it? Because, it's who I was, Damon? I'm not that person anymore. You know me now. Shouldn't that be what matters most?"

"It matters because your past is the one that keeps finding ways to shove itself in my face. And it's beginning to really piss me off!" he glares at me as everyone watches.

"Fine. I get that you're pissed about this. But, I know you better than you think I do. You're not pissed at the fact that I was a dancer. You're not even pissed about the fact that you found out from Klaus." I say moving towards him.

"Then, what am I pissed about, Miss All-Knowing?" he says mocking me.

"You're pissed that it was Klaus that I was dancing for." I smirk at him. I hate Klaus, but Jealous Damon is so easy, I can't resist pushing his buttons.

"That wasn't dancing that we saw." he pouts but smirks when I reach him.

"I'm right, aren't I?" I ask catching a flash in his eyes.

When I'm where he wants me, he grabs me and takes us all the way to Elena's room. He slams me on her window seat, holding me by my throat, but not in a choking way. He looks down at me, giving me the most intense look I've seen from him that's directed towards me.

"Show me. Now." he growls low in his throat.

"What? Why?" I ask stunned.

"Show. Me. I wanna see what you're made of." he growls a little softer now.

"Damon, that was a long time ago. I'm not that person anymore." I struggle beneath him.

"You did that, with him? Why him?" he asks, getting to the true matter of his anger.

"Because, I didn't know he was a murderous psychotic vampire then." I give up knowing he's only gonna drag this interrogation further.

"You didn't know about me when we met and we're perfectly fine. Next excuse." he says cold.

"Maybe, I needed the money." I smirk in a failed attempt to lighten the mood.

"I can always tell when you're lying." he says in a singsong voice.

"Fine! You win!" I say.

"Good, then tell me." he says.

"Can I get up now?" I ask.

"Are you gonna run for the door?" he asks.

"Damon, I'm not going anywhere. I'll tell you everything you wanna know." I strive for sultry to get my way. When he releases me, we sit upright on the window seat looking at each other.

"Are you gonna talk or do we have to go back to plan A?" he asks impatient as ever.

"You're not the only one in history to need a distraction once in a while, Damon." I say frustrated with this topic already.

"I'm very aware of that. You're telling me that you became a dancer to what? Clear your head?" he asks looking confused.

"Yes." If he's going there, I might as well talk. "Damon, you don't know the half of everything I'd been through in my life. I needed something to take away from my years with my family. I became a singer, because it's what I loved to do. It was my dream. I became a dancer, because it was something I didn't have to think about doing. Did I love it? No. But, it was easy and that's what I was looking for. I didn't wanna make schedules or travel and have to do things that were planned out for me. Singing songs that held no meaning to me was just another stress for me. When I started dancing, every care, every stress, every thought evaporated. Nothing mattered when I danced and that was refreshing to me." I say feeling a huge weight lift from my shoulders.

"Where does Klaus fit in to all of this?" he asks looking out the window then back to me.

"He was a patron. It started out as a normal encounter. He'd be in the club just observing. Then, I started noticing that he was in my area more often. I started dancing for him and he tipped me more and more each time."

"Was this during your druggie phase?" he asks cutting me off.

"It was. There was no way he could've known though. But, then he would stay and wait for me after everyone had gone. We would talk occasionally about my work, my passion, my silly little hobbies, as he called them. Then, came the drinking. He knew I would stop by the bar for a drink after my shift, before leaving. So, I'd leave the dressing room and there he was with my favorite drink each and every time. Then, he started getting protective. He'd walk me home, even after I protested getting into a car with him."

"You loved him." he cuts me off with a look of disdain.

"Oh, God no. I told him countless times that I'd never feel that way for him."

"But, you slept with him." he cuts me off again.

"Only the one time. I still don't know what possessed me to consider it, let alone do it. But, after it happened, he felt like he had some kind of control over me. Like if he asked it of me, I'd jump for him. Then, came the car and the condo. Both in which I turned down flat. I couldn't have him thinking he owed me any favors of any kind."

"Wait. He got you a car and a condo? And you didn't take it?" he interjects.

"I couldn't. I didn't love him in any way. Maybe, I trusted him to a point, but I never felt anything like that for him. Taking anything from him would've made me into something that I wasn't and would never be, It wasn't until..." I stop short and look him in the eye for the first time since opening up about Klaus.

"It wasn't until what?" he says keeping eye contact.

"It wasn't until I looked out the window of my dance studio some years ago and spied a beautiful, dark-haired man in the backyard breaking tree limbs, that I'd come to really learn what love really is." I hang my head a little and gaze at him through my lashes.

"You just have to get cute at a time like this, don't you?" he says sensually, moving towards me until he's inches away. He leans in and kisses me, no hands, no rush, just the most boyish kiss I've ever received.