Chapter VI: Before the New World P.2 - Sabaody Archipelago

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Noon

Some Restaurant in Sabaody

They had just finished sight-seeing for the morning, and Luffy began to complain about food. Ace, Sabo, and Kit agreed with their youngest brother in a chorus of grumbles. Rakuyo smiled at the boys and said he knew just the place for lunch. Luffy cheered the whole ride to the restaurant chanting "Food, food, food!"

Upon entering the restaurant, a large scraggly man waved the group over to his table. The man munched on some pie as he greeted the commanders and the boys. Ace felt strange. He glanced at Luffy who had suddenly gone silent, his smile gone. The youngest D inched closer to him, hiding himself somewhat behind the older D.

Haruta's eyes slid over to littlest brother that hid behind the older. He frowned before directing his attention back to the bulky black-haired man.

"Guys, this is Marshall D. Teach, a member of the second division and one the original members of the crew," said Rakuyo as he gestured to the large man.

Kit didn't act normally either. Normally, the older boy gave new people his trademark grin, a toothy smile and gleaming half-slitted eyes that hinted at mischief. Kit did not smile. Ace could imagine the older boy would be lowering his ears in threat if in his fox form. As it was, the boy consciously schooled his unconsciously formed scowl to a wary frown so quickly that someone not observing him too seriously would miss the vanishing scowl. Sabo looked to his brothers with concern before introducing himself to their guest.

"I'm Sabo, our youngest brother is Luffy, the boy he's clinging to is Ace, and Kit is the oldest. It is very nice to make your acquaintance."

"Zehahaha. Sure are a polite one. Ehhh...is the little one okay? Seems a bit scared if you ask me."

"Hmmm. Maybe he's not comfortable with new people, Teach. So how's the food?" asked Haruta, although he spent enough time with the kids to know that Luffy seemed to like just about everyone.

"Zehahaha. I guess the brat just needs time to know me better. The cherry pie here is excellent, and the booze's not half bad."

The group settled down to eat lunch. Luffy ate an outrageous amount as usual but slowly, as his eyes kept sliding to the large man across their table. Kit ate normally but stared at the man out the corner of his eye. Ace frowned as finished his meal. He shared a worried glance with Sabo and the boys silently agreed that they would be sure to ask when they were alone in their room. Teach got up and gave a hearty good-bye to the commanders before he finally left the group.

Luffy finally stopped trying to cling to Ace when Teach left, and Kit spared the departing man one last scrutinizing look before replacing his frown with his normal smirk. Sabo was about to say something to those two when Rakuyo announced their plans to spend the remainder of the day at Sabaody Park. Luffy smiled wide and stars shown in his eyes. The boys heard how Sabaody had an amusement park full of rides, games, and carnival food.

"Yay! Let's go! Shishishishi."

Sabaody Park

Luffy

This place was so neat. Luffy loved to dash around and point out all the cool shiny prizes and rides and games. All the boys wanted to try some of the rides at the park. Their eyes practically gleamed. Rakuyo looked a bit pale though. Shishishi. But Haruta only seemed amused and more than willing to accompany the boys on all sorts of roller coasters and rides. Luffy loved the Ferris wheel the most though. From way up at the top, he could see all of Sabaody and even a bit of the sea beyond the furthest mangroves. Here, his dream to be the next pirate king felt all the more real.