Chapter 1

Avery P.O.V

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

That's the shrilling noise I hear every morning telling me to wake up, I fumble around as i try to locate the stop button on my alarm blindly to free me from the torturous noise, I felt that tiny bump on top of it and pressed it. All I hear is silence, as tempted as I am to fall back to sleep, I just can't. I wince as I slowly try to open my right eye to get everything into focus and to adjust to the bright sunlight.

I can see the time on my digital alarm stating that it is currently 6:30, I let out a groan as I attempt to get up –I probably look like a crooked zombie right now. I drag my feet as I walk towards my ensuite bathroom, trying to stretch out my back as I walk, hoping for a satisfying crack. I brushed my teeth and stripped off my clothes to hit the shower, cleansing every inch of my body with a raspberry shower gel.

I stepped out of the shower and put on a towel around me, humming a random tune that was in my head and went back to my room and into my walk-in closet.

My closet is gigantic, more space than I needed if I'm being honest but it was still completely full as you can never have too many clothes. I have all types of clothes, ranging from girly to men's clothes (yes, I wear men's clothes that I solely brought for myself).

I scanned through some clothing options and picked out some boyfriend jeans that are rolled up, paired with jeans along with a black top which was slightly baggy so I tucked a little into my jeans. I choose some converses sneakers to go along with this outfit, I looked in the mirror to see if I looked okay, only to confirm that I looked pretty cute too.

I had a little bit of my closet dedicated to weapons which were behind some tops that were on hangers, I took two switchblades and secured them on either side of my hips.

You're probably wondering why on earth I'm carrying knives, or why I have a place filled with weapons. Well, news flash- people tend to attack you if you're involved in a gang, or you're the daughter of the leader which in comparison is worse. I should be prepared even if I may not look like myself!

I wore my wig to hide my blonde hair, my wig is dark brown, I looked in the mirror to see how I should style it and decided to go with a braid. I also covered my blue eyes with dark brown lenses, and to top it all of I wore my non-prescription glasses which had thick black rims.

I glanced at my alarm clock, 7:25 was the time so I grabbed my cross-body bag and made my way downstairs.

As soon as I entered the kitchen I was greeted by Maria, who works here. She makes all kinds of delicious food but today I didn't feel like eating breakfast so I just grabbed an apple and waved goodbye to Maria as I walked off to my garage.

I own a lot of cars and motorcycles such as the Porsche 918 Spyder, Red Ferrari Laferrari, Silver Lamborghini Veneno, Ultra Rare Porcupine motorcycle, The 1 million Harley- Davidson, Harley Davidson Rocker and much more.

But as I'm a 'nerd', if I take any of these cars or motorcycles, I wouldn't look like much of a nerd, would I?

So, I decided to take the car I always drive to school, a Hyundai Elantra. So, I was on my way to my personal hellhole also known as Jackson High School.

My school is a stereotypical as American movies show schools to be, there are all kinds of cliques like the ones that are popular and the ones that are not.

I stepped outside of my car once I arrive and started to walk towards the school and then made my way to the locker which is also where the popular crowd hangs out. Yay, lucky me, right? ugh.

I finally got to my locker and opened the combination when...

Ashley Johnson walked past me and pushed me without a reason, you don't know how much I want to beat the hell out of her- but I won't.

Well, let me introduce you to Ashley Johnson, she's what you call Queen Bee as she is completely a bitch. She has picked on me since freshmen year along with her other snobby minions. You may question what I could have done to receive this treatment? Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Her outfits always look as if she picked a few sizes too small, they are soo tight it looks as though they're cutting off the air supply. Ashley miniskirt reaches right below her butt, it's like an incident waiting to happen and a tube top which is barely holding her boobs in. Oh, let's not to forget her 6-inch heels, which makes her 5'6 body look like a giant - we are at school for crying out loud, I'm surprised she hasn't snapped her ankles yet.

Well after the 'accident' when the bitch pushed me to my locker, I stood upright again just to see all the popular bunch laughing at me. I just got my books out of my locker and strode off to my first period- English.

I have English with Mr Roberts; he is a man in his early 40's, I guess. He can be nice if he is in a good mood but mostly, he is just strict. I quickly made my way to a seat, after 5 minutes all the seats were taking by students leaving only 2 seats beside me.

It has only been 25-30 minutes into the lesson when the door opens revealing Arsen Black and Jason Ray.

Arsen Black has unruly brown hair that looked like he had just got out of the bed. He was wearing black ripped jeans, a white V-neck t-shirt that showed his abs and he wore his signature black leather jacket. Rumours say that he and his best friends are in a gang.

"You're Late!" said Mr Roberts, Arsen and Jason just smirked at him and walked towards the empty sides beside me.

Oh, for fuck sakes! 

*****

Hello guys,

how did you like it so far? 

-dwensy

*****