Peace at Last

"Ahh!" I screamed as the fire touched my left arm. "Belgium, come on!" Demanded my brother. "Y-yes, brother," I stumbled, following Netherlands, with numb legs. "This way! " Netherlands said, pointing left, to the exit. We started running, avoiding the fierce flames. After a while, we got to the exit. Netherlands managed to open it, despite the fire swallowing everything in its path. The walls were starting to break and the floor felt like lava. We stared at the burning surroundings and my hope of getting out alive was collapsing. Like the building. "You need to go," he stated calmy, not looking at me. My mouth dropped and I clenched my eyebrows together. "What? No! I am a nation! I am not leaving my people behind or my family. I'm here to fight. With you, brother!" He turned around and put his hands on my shoulders. "Yes, I do need you. Alive. You are no good to me dead." My face relaxed. "But you...what about-" "Hmph, I will not die, sister," he said confidently. I was about to protest but the fire started to surrond us. Before I could comprehend, brother had picked me up and threw me out of the burning door. I tumbled onto the ground but got up, on my elbows, and witnessed the base go up in flames. "Netherlands!" I screamed. "Brother!" I got up on my feet and ran to the building. I was about to touch the handle when the flames burst into a bigger, hotter fire. 'There is no way I'll be able to get in there now' I thought as I hesitantly backed away. The fire spread onto the trees and a figure started sprinting towards me. Reality slapped me and I started running. I didn't know where but I kept going. Trying to stay alive.
---------------------------------------
I have always admired brother. He is my pride. Not only was he my brother, he was also my mentor and role-model. He has sacrificed everything for my happiness. He had to work hard to get his land and money. I am glad to call him "brother".
---------------------------------------
"I admit, you are a fast runner. I vas about to give up," Hungary huffed, pinning me on the grass. "Damn, so close," I said sarcastically. "Belgium, you shouldn't cuss. It'z unlady-like, " she scolded, taunting me. I smirked. "Well, it's a good thing I'm also Dutch." "Huh?" asked Hungary. Suddenly, I flipped us over. Quickly, I got up and started sprinting in to the woods. I heard Hungary give out a frustrated scream. I snickered as I heard her heavy footsteps after me. I ran for a long time. It was when I noticed that I couldn't hear her anymore. I stopped and glanced around. I was about to start jogging when I unexpectedly got tackled. I let out a shriek and started kicking. We rolled around in the dirt, kicking, punching, scratching, and slapping. It finally ended when I felt a cold blade near my neck. "Zo, have you calmed down now?" Hungary asked me slowly, as if I was just a toddler. I growled. "You do know that I'm older than you, right?" Suddenly, I felt a fist connect to my mouth. She hit me so hard that my face flew to the other side. 'Hungary...Hungary just punched me! Oh, he-'
"Zorry, but zhat's vhat happens vhen you have an attitude vith me," She said happily. "You make me sick," I stated as I spit some blood in her face. Her smile fell as she wiped her face. "I tried to just reason vith you und ask you to zurrender but it zeems like you don't vant that," she said, her face unreadable. "I rather be dead than surrender to you! " "If you zay zo," she said while the knife hovered near my chest. My eyes widened. 'She wouldn't! Would she?' "H-Hungary, p-please don't. M-my brother, he-" "I'm zorry about your brozher. I didn't vant to hurt him. I didn't vant to hurt eizher of you," she apologized, this time being sincere. "H-huh?" She let out a small smile and caressed my face. "Tell your brozher zhat I'm zorry." She then plunged her knife into my chest, stabbing my heart. The steel burned and nerves of pain shocked me. She pulled it out and stabbed me again. Each time she stabbed me, it hurt even more. However, after a while, it stop hurting. Everything started to stop. The pain, the stabs, my heart. The last thing I heard was Hungary. "I'm zorry, my friend. " Then, the blue skies started fading and all I saw was pure white.
---------------------------------------
I opened my eyes to see white. I didn't see anything else. It looked like Heaven, but less jolly. It was relaxing and all I wanted to do was close my eyes and sleep for eternity. I walked around, trying to see anything, anyone. I was about to just close my eyes when I heard him. My brother. "Belgium!" 'Brother...' "Sister, over here!" I turned around to see my brother. He jogged to over to me. He seemed different. He seemed happier and without worry. "Brother, what happened to you?" He let out a knowing smile. "You know, that thing. That thing that happens to all of us." I was confused. "Ha?" He chuckled and suddenly frowned. "Bel, what are you doing here? You should be with the nations." I let out a clumsy smile. "I-I'll tell you later." He tilted his head and was about to ask me about it when a voice interrupted. "Holland, vho's zhat?" "Just my sister, sir!" He shouted. Another voice rang out. A familiar one. "Belgium? I haven't seen her in forever! Both of you come here so I can hug you!" "Rome?...." I whispered to myself. Brother grabbed my hand and we started walking to the voices. "Where are we going?" I asked him, hearing joyful laughter. Netherlands smiled. "You'll see," he said as we walked in the whiteness. "Will we be okay?" I asked worryingly. "Oh, we will be fine, now. So don't worry anymore." We kept walking until we got to a gate. I was surprised while brother seemed casual about a gate in the middle of nowhere. We were about to go in when I pulled him back. "Brother, where are we?" The gates opened and I saw a golden table covered in delicious food. " Come in, come in! Welcome!" We were welcomed with a couple of happy voices and footsteps coming our way. "Brother?" Netherlands laughed before walking in the gate and holding out his hand for me. "We are at peace." I stared at him before laughing and taking his hand.

Hello, mate! Did ya like it! I worked and planned on it, so I hope you do. This chapter means a lot to me because this is my first time killing off a character. This is meant to be bittersweet. I made this because I watched a very emotional movie. (Tears, so painful) So I just used my feels, to make yours. The ending almost made me cry. Feel free to cry with me. Anyways, hope you like it and Happy Readings!
(I'm going to cry in a corner now :-( )