June 13, 2013

Scott's P.O.V.

"Disneyland, the place where dreams come true." Jake said as we walked through the gates, causing half the group to roll their eyes. I laughed nervously as Alex reached down and linked his fingers with mine. I looked up at him and smiled and he returned it gladly.

"So where are we going first?" I asked, stopping in front of a map of the park.

"Something big!" Jake shouted pointing towards Space Mountain. I looked around at the rest of the group. Kevin and Avi were nodding. I knew Mitch and Esther would most likely not ride any rides today.

"I think something scary! I want to see you tough ass boys shaking in your boots!" Kirstie yelled over the mumbling. I felt Alex's hand tighten around mine. He seemed tense today.

"Girl, I agree. Why not start in Tomorrowland? Space Mountain's there and so is Captain EO! We can go from there then." Jake said. I nodded and so did Kevin, Avi and Kirstie.

"We're gonna hang round and do stuff. We'll meet you guys in two hours at the Stage Door Cafe. We can get lunch there." Esther said, Mitch and her turning and walking away from us.

We waited in line for ten minutes considering we had fast track passes. It was only when we were strapped into our seats that I noticed the lack of blood in my hand. I looked down to see Alex's death grip making my hand go white. I then looked up to his face. He was as white as snow and his gaze was staring blankly ahead.

"Are you alright?" I asked, suppressing a giggle. He broke his gaze from the back of the seat in front of him and turned to look at me. He nodded, biting his bottom lip.

"Just a little scared of rides." He said, his voice shaking. I was about to say something when the intercom voice turned on to tell us to all stay in our seats and keep our hands and legs inside the ride at all times. And then we were off.

The ride jolted forward and Alex grabbed onto my arm with the hand not already clutching onto my hand. His eyes went wide, causing me to laugh. As the ride sped up he began to scream, causing Kirstie to turn in the seat next to me and look at him. It was funny really seeing him so terrified of a small ride. He hid his face in my shoulder as we went round.

When the ride came to a jolting stop, Alex's head snapped up and his hands fumbled with the belt around his waist. Throwing the bar over his head, he clambered over my lap and then Kirstie's lap and then off the ride. He fell to his knees and pressed his hands against the ground. "Oh thank you God! I am back on the ground!"

The whole group erupted loudly as they stepped off of the ride, shaking their heads at Alex. "Were you really that scared?" Jake asked as Alex stood up, his face bright pink.

"Me scared? N-no...." He stuttered. The group laughed again. Kevin pat Alex on the back and winked walking past him.

"Sure you weren't, Alex. That's why you screamed like a little girl!" Avi said following Kevin.

I took Alex's hand again as we walked out. He glared at Avi and Kevin's backs. "C'mon, Ali. It was kind of funny. They're only playing." I reasoned. He rolled his eyes. "You do realise that you could have stayed with Mitch and Esther. They don't like rides so they don't go on them!" I stated sarcastically. He elbowed my side.

"But I want to stay with you. It's not that I don't like rides, I just don't like loud noises or the dark or heights or speed or the prospect of getting stuck in any of those places." He rambled. I chuckled, kissing his cheek.

"You're adorable." I said, causing him to blush.

"C'mon love birds! You wanna make us have to wait any longer?" Kirstie called from the start of the line to the next ride we were going on.