9.Alec's Story PART 1

-Alec-

"So yeah, Amy is my first ever girlfriend..." I begin to say. Somehow I can say her name without feeling any pain at all. 

"Hold on...so she is your first and you never dated any girls after the breakup?" Zac asks with wide eyes.

I slowly nod my head, wondering why it was a big deal for people to not date for a while after their breakup.

"Are you serious? " I shrug but that doesn't make him stop from questioning.

"But WHY?" He exclaims. May be replying with words would make him stop.

"Well, we never really had a proper breakup and a part of me always expected her to show up. I know it might sound silly to you but...I don't know...may be it's one among the family things..."

"Hold on again...family things??"

"Yeah my parents were childhood friends and they fell in love and let's just say they just dated each other and nobody else..." It is true that they might be the reason why I am still hung up on Amie and still believe that she might come back to me one day. Whenever I listen to one of their stories, it is so heart warming that from my childhood days, I always believed that I might find the one for me like they found each other.

My parents - before realizing their feelings for one another - fell for each other so strong that they didn't care whether their fall would be nasty or good, for they believed in their heart that they had found that one they had been searching for and as we all know now, they had each other to support their fall in the end, but in my case I thought she was there but only when I reached rock bottom did I realize that she had faked her fall all this long. Guess not everyone has that luck.

Zac was about to say something again and I cut him off by gesturing my hand for him to stop, my head already hurts from drinking whatever they gave me "Do you want me to continue my story or not?" he gives me an embarrassed look and beckons me to start over again.

"So yeah where was I...." I never got to start huh.

 I clear my throat for no reason. "The first time I met Amy, she was crying...."

*FLASH BACK*

-2 . 5 years ago-

Alec 15 years old

I wake up from my dream. I dreamt about that girl yet again. I don't know who she is exactly but this is the third time am dreaming about her. Heck, I have never even seen her before. For some reason whenever I wake up from my sleep I remember only few details, like her blonde hair and hazel nut eyes. Then I look at my nightstand and find a copy of Percy Jackson and The Last Olympian. The series never gets old.

Hold on. Dream girl. Blonde hair. I'm guessing my crush on Annabeth Chase is increasing. But Annabeth doesn't have hazel nut eyes. I shake my head and look at the time. It's 4:30pm. I stare at the time again, why do I feel like am forgetting something important. It's summer vacation and my basketball practice only starts on Monday. I take out my mobile to search for any reminders, only then I see the date.

Shit. Today is MONDAY!

I jump out of bed. Gather my basketball gear, toss in few snacks along with snickers and rush out. The basketball court is a few blocks away and I decide to run. I am already late for practice and I rush out in full speed. I accidentally knock somebody down and the force makes me land on my back too. This day gets better and better, doesn't it.

"This day gets better and better, doesn't it" I hear a girl mutter. Wow somebody is feeling the same vibe as me today. I immediately get up on my feet to find the source of the voice.