4.The Spiced Up Welcoming

-Alec-

It's been a day already since I saw the doppelganger of my ex. I just don't know what to take of this situation anymore. Even a good jog couldn't seem to work out. All the wounds that I tried to cover up, is now exposed and I am just clearly ruined. My anger seems to grow at the mere thought of Zoey. Sure, the girl didn't have a clue but why did she have to show up in front of me and why now? 

I stare at the cereal in front of me and wonder what had I ever done to get into a situation like this. 

"So Alec, today is your first day at work huh?" I snap my head towards my mom.

I raise my eyebrow "You mean babysitting right?"

"It's Not...Okay never mind call it whatever you want..."

"Mom, I don't think..." I say but my mom simply continues without realizing my interruption. 

"...but please try for me"

I heave out a sigh. The things I do for my mother.

"Alright so when do I start working?"

"Today from 8am to...until my boss returns home"

"Mom that's-"

"Just one week Alec, please"

I groan "So where is their house exactly?"

"Oh wait, let me note it down for you"

She scribbles something and hands it over to me. I look at the address. It's quite near my house and it's present in one of the routes I pick for jogging.

——

I walk down the street and look around. I finally spot the house. It's huge. Smaller than a mansion but still amazing. It has got lawns and a dog house. Cool! I wonder what dog they have.

I look around some more before I walk up to the entrance - still nervous about meeting Zoey, and ring the bell.

"Who's there?" It's a male voice, probably Zac.

"It's me. Alec" I shout back.

"Oh the nanny boy...The door is open, why don't you come in?" I groan. Rich kids and their manners.

As soon as I open the door and take a step in, something falls on my head with a thud and I could only see  white. 

Oh God! Is this flour?!

 I see Zac on the floor laughing hard as I scowl at him.

"Dude!! You should look at yourself in the mirror! oh wait let me help you with that" he takes out his mobile and clicks a picture of me before I could even realize what he is doing.

At the same time his sis walks down the stairs and looks at me from head to toe - I check her out too and I can't help myself from thinking how much she resembles her at the moment. She shoots a look at her brother - making him freeze.

"What is this Zac!" she questions. May be Zoey is the matured one. 

She runs inside a room and brings out a red towel. She hands me the towel while glaring at her brother. Zac looks quite shocked as he takes in his sister's expression and starts staring daggers at my direction. 

I slowly start wiping my face with the towel... "HOLY SHIT! " I scream out in pure pain, followed by few words which doesn't make sense to many but it would make sense to those who might have 'accidentally' wiped chilly powder in their eyes. Which could only mean...

CHILLY FREAKING POWDER IN MY EYES!!!

I hear them both laugh and it's not an awkward or shy laugh. The entire room - chuck it - the entire house is vibrating due to their laughter and it's as if they are both are struggling to stop laughing and to catch their breath.

"Now that's how you finish a prank brother" she says, still breathing hard and then I hear them hi5 each other. I take back what I said about Zoey being the matured one.

GOD. Please help me. My eyes are frigging burning!

Soon enough, I could feel water being splashed at my face, the water seems to  help a little. Then I could feel more water being splashed at my face. I blink back the tears that seems to have formed due to the effect of the chilly powder and my vision slowly clears out until I see them. Zac and Amy.

No stupid, it's probably Zoey. My logic side seems to answer.Oh yeah, it is Zoey.

They are both grinning at me, as if I qualified a round. It's as if Fred and George were made into reality. I love the crazy pair of twins but it was fun when I read about their pranks, now that I'm facing it I almost feel sorry for...well everyone in Harry Potter movie and novels. 

"Sorry about that" begins Zoey.

"That was FUN!!" shouts Zac, he then coughs and re-frames what he said "Sorry but this is our way of welcoming you".

Zoey nods "We hate formal introductions or greetings so, we wanted to clear that up".

My thoughts go back to yesterday. Oh That.

Suddenly they strike a stupid pose. Are they high school seniors?!

"Hey there!! you know its me Zoey!!" she screeches - may be trying to act like a celebrity that I don't know of.

"And Zac is who I am.." he says in a perfect Yoda's voice

I try to control my laugh and maintain my cold face but a snicker seems to escape from my lips and I try my best to cover it by looking away.

"Did you just laugh?" They both look down at me  with curious eyes. I just shake my head to avoid more snickers from escaping my mouth.

"He did?" Zoey looks at my face from all directions.

"Calm you shall keep and patience you must have" Zac says this in Yoda's voice again and I just lose my control and laugh my guts out. My laugh seems to have an effect on them as they join in my laughter. 

One solid year of my cold, lifeless attitude and it all took them a few minutes to make me crack into laughter.

May be babysitting wouldn't be as bad as I had initially thought...and may be the life wouldn't be depressing anymore...

---Author's Note---

Hi again. This chapter was okay, I guess. It's pretty short though. My brain couldn't come up with anything more. The prank was ok-ish. But come on the twins don't like to bully. They are just pretty cool pranksters like Fred and George(for the Harry Potter fans) or Travis and Connor Stoll (for the Percy Jackson fans) or....well you get the idea -.-"

Anyways Happy Reading, Comment on and vote if you like the story :3

yuki_snoww