2.Fate Owns a BAD Book For Me

" 'For I have plans for you' declares Fate 'Plans that shall make you cringe from life or help you survive anything in life' "

 -Alec-

I walk into my mom's office which is very messy by the looks of it, but I try to ignore it. My head is already messed up, so what if the office is a little messed up. But as I get closer and closer to her cabin the messier it gets. Hold on, why does it look as if a tornado hit this place and what's up with the smell. As I slowly make my way inside the office - trying not to slip and fall - I finally spot my mom.

"Hey mom!" I call out to her and she immediately pulls me into a hug when she reaches me.

"Thanks a lot for showing up, Alec" she pulls away from the hug, only then I take notice of the bags under her eyes.

Now she is just pushing herself to the maximum limit. 

"What's up ma?"

"My assistant quit Alec"

"Why?" 

She looks nervous "Nothing, something came up" I try not to probe anymore. She already looks tired.

Before I could ask her about the totally wrecked office room, she suddenly interrupts me by asking the most weirdest request ever.

"Would you like to be my assistant for a week before I find a new one?"

I look at her startled. "What? 

"Weren't you looking for a job?" Oh she caught me there. I start debating in my head taking in what she said. Sure I want a job to keep myself occupied and besides I don't want to see her working like this anymore.

"The pay is good" she says looking at me.

Hmm now that sounds even better."Alright mom" and this lightens up her eyes. "So what's my job?"

"You remember my boss?" she asks and I do remember. My mom is the manager of the best selling author/producer Jane McCartney. She is very famous and my mom is a huge fan of her's, that she ended up joining in as her manager.

"Yeah?" I reply raising my eyebrow.

"Her son and daughter are going to shift here and they are the same age as you and my assistant was supposed to look after them...but then...she quit..." she trails on

I blink twice registering what she said."So you want me to babysit two young adults who are supposed to be MY AGE?! "

"It's not babysitting! You just have to keep them out of trouble".

Still sounds like babysitting to me. Before I could reply my mom a solid no, she starts pleading me and I heave out a sigh. The things I do for my mother.

"So I have to babysit and that's all? "

"Its NOT babysitting and well that's all for now"

"Alright then, so where are they now?" I ask her while looking around not wanting to look at her eyes, as I am a little irritated over the whole babysitting duty.

My mom points her finger behind me and I slowly turn around, a little confused at first but then I spot two very ashamed teenagers facing the boss lady, inside a room.

"What's  going on mom?" I whisper.

"They caused a lot of trouble within an hour. The office is a mess because of those two" She whispers back. So these two caused THIS?  GOD calling them troublemakers would be an understatement. And I have to look after these two. Just GREAT.

The three of them suddenly come out and I straighten up "Hello Ma'am" I greet her politely.

She looks up and the look in her eyes changes "Hello Alec, did your mom tell you about..." she drags

And I cut her short by saying "Yes Ma'am".

Her eyes look grateful and she turns around to her kids and so do I for the first time. I look at the boy first as he was the same height as me. He has messy brown hair - which makes him look like the troublemaker naughty boy but one that girls seem to like these days. One look at this guy and I know that he belongs to the popular kind in school and then I turn to his sister. At first I couldn't see her face - as she had a cap on and  was looking down - but when she turns up to see me, I freeze. 

Have I totally lost it now? But why the hell does she look exactly like her. I blink twice but the image doesn't seem to fade away. So it's not an illusion of her? 

I stand there - frozen to the ground - as millions of questions seems to circle around my head in that short period of time. Whatever little happiness I seem to hold suddenly dropped a second and raised the next. My heart seems to be sending mixed emotions to my head. A part of me wondered whether I should hugging her, now that she was back, or just ask her why she left me, sure it would sound pathetic but I sure as hell felt pathetic to begin with. While one side of my brain tried debating on what to do next, the other side started noticing things. 

The girl before me, has brown hair same as her brother's, shoulder length and it's straight but it doesn't look as if it's artificially done. She has big light chocolate brown eyes which has a mischievous gleam in them, thin pink lips, a make-up free face. She looks quite tall and looks like a sports person which makes her look cool and cute at the same time.

She might look like her at first glance but if you pay a little attention, there seems to be a lot of differences as well.

'She is definitely NOT Amy'  my brain seems to scream, 

Argh!

Just thinking about her name seems to send a shock all over my body, making me unfreeze from my frozen state. I clutch my fists hard - trying to control my emotions - until my knuckles turn white and use my fake smile instead.

"These are my kids Zac and Zoey" she introduces them "And this is Alec, the one who is gonna keep you guys in check" as she said this they both scoff at the same time and give me a smirk as if to say good luck with that. I try not to roll my eyes at that. Amy wouldn't do that, she is more of a sweet and caring person. Argh don't think about her, I warn myself but I can't help it. One look at this girl and my head is a mess. 

I curtly nod my head at both of them with a silent hello. This makes them grin as if they both are planning a hundred million ways to torture me.

Just Great ! Guess this fall break is going to be my fall and hopefully I don't get to include break in any of my body parts description. Hopefully...

----Author's note----

That would be the second chapter. Not satisfied with the chapter but adding too many things might spoil it too. So you guys have to wait for the cool stuff.

Happy reading. Comments would be much appreciated and vote if you like the story.

yuki_snoww