Chapter 6

Raptor was outside where they had been training the day before eating a deer she'd killed when Ultron walked out. She growled for a second before seeing who it was, she backed away from the carcass and turned human so she could speak.

"Is it time to go?" Her voice lost some of its rasp the more she used it.

Ultron glanced down at her meal with indifference before looking back up at her. "I wouldn't disturb you otherwise. Now come, follow me."

She obeyed quickly and they met up with Pietro and Wanda who were waiting by a jet Ultron had stolen. She climbed inside and glanced around before choosing a seat close to the door, as she didn't enjoy the enclosed space. Raptor expected Pietro to sit by his sister but instead he sat to her right, effectively trapping her between the door and him. Wanda narrowed her eyes and sat across from her brother but otherwise said nothing. Ultron gave the surroundings one last sweeping glance, resting his murderous red eyes on Pietro, before brushing past and taking off.

"You know the plan." He said back to them over the nearly silent jet. "And if you don't, make sure you do before an hour is up."

Wanda glanced up at her brother, ignoring Ultron's comment. They already knew everything they needed to. "Stark will be there, I can sense it."

"All of them will be there." Pietro responded. "That's just what the Avengers do, they just come in and kill people who are against what they believe in, if Stark wasn't with them they may not be against us."

"They won't be bothering us for long with Scarlet's magic." Raptor commented dryly, not bothering to use Wanda's full code name.

"Good." Pietro sighed and leaned back. "We will be in and out in a flash."

But I want to taste blood before we leave. Raptor thought as she imaged the blood of battle around her. I need it.

"But what if the blood is of innocent people?" A weaker, humane, voice asked.

It does not matter.

"I will not allow it."

Raptor laughed mentally at her human side, it always tried to ruin what came naturally for her. You cannot stop me. I am always in control like I was created to be. You are merely a convenience to allow me another form that could be of use to me.

A nudge made her flinch and give a dangerous snarl at being snapped out of her mental argument. "What?"

Pietro gave her a slightly injured look but it disappeared quickly. "I was wondering if you would tell us more of your... past?"

"Which one?" A small smirk appeared. "Half of me did live twice you know."

"Your actual life." Pietro said, not fully understanding the meaning of her living twice.

Raptor arched her eyebrow and stretched her legs out as she leaned back as far as she could in the chair. "Well I can't remember everything since HYDRA first created me but I do remember some things..."

***Flashback***

2004

Raptor had been scrambling around on the cold cement ground with her pack mates; they were the last survivors of Project Extinction, though she didn't understand why they hadn't died like the others. In her opinion it was because they were the most evolved. The door to the lab opened and the man gave a shout of surprise and distress at the mess the escapees had made. She stood up to her full height, which at the time was just below his collarbone. The other two got to their feet behind her and stared hungrily at the scientist, waiting for her command to attack. But she knew better than to let them, Strucker had ordered her never to attack anyone unless on his command, and despite her master not being there at the moment she knew if he found the man's remains there would be a punishment.