Chapter 2

Raptor ran through the snowy forest in wonder at the cold white frozen water, she had heard about snow from agents complaining about it, but this was the first time she ever saw it. She ripped out the throats of several HYDRA agents, feeling some bullets grazing her skin, before impaling another group with her claws. Movement caught her eye as a man with a bow weaved between the trees nearby shooting arrows and she quickly started running up behind him, aiming to bite the man in the neck and snap the bone.

What a strange landscape... Raptor thought as she ran, still partially focused on the world around, so cold and bright.

"Well you are from another time." She retorted back to her dinosaur side. "Though, I do agree. The light is bright compared to our cage."

We share the same mind though; you've never seen this snow either. Raptor jumped into a tree, digging her claws in so she didn't fall, and began tree jumping, slipping occasionally on the ice. This makes it hard to hunt.

"I know, but our targets could be hindered by this as well."

She was about to land on the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent's back but they were knocked to the ground a few feet away by a blur of movement. Raptor looked around in confusion before spotting a white haired guy a few feet away before he took off again. She didn't know who he was but he just took her target away... that wasn't going to work with her. She followed the blur, knocking a red haired lady into a tree; before finally witnessing the guy get knocked to the ground by a man with a shield. Raptor raced forward kicking the man to the ground, before landing on the white haired guy's back.

"Wanda!" The guy yelled as she dug her nine-inch claws into his back.

"Pietro!" A girl dressed in red appeared and Raptor felt herself being thrown off and shrieked as she hit a tree.

"Captain, Hawkeye's injured." A female's voice came over the earpiece in 'Captain's' ear and Raptor struggled back to her feet.

I'll rip out their throats! Raptor proclaimed mentally before letting out a loud growl and leaping at the man called by Captain.

Raptor felt something heavy and metal slam down on her neck and she let out a pain screech before managing to create three long claw marks down the man's shin. In the distance a loud explosion shook the ground and she jumped in fear, giving Captain time to knock her around again until Raptor was barely conscious and more blood was staining the snow around her.

"Stark have you got Loki's scepter?" Captain America questioned the billionaire through their com-link.

Iron Man didn't answer for a few minutes and when he did he sounded slightly subdued compared to his normal composer. "...Got it."

"Good, let's get out of here Barton needs medical attention." Steve informed him. "Any sign of the power twins or Strucker?"

"The speedster and witch ran off, I haven't seen Strucker."

"Well I have something for you to analyze when we get back to the tower."

"Better be good." Tony's usual attitude was back. "Or I swear- Oh, wait... forgot. Language."

"Stark." He groaned, obviously no one was going to let him live that comment down. "Just hurry."

"Alright." He replied slightly irritated before muttering. "Impatient old man."

"I heard that." Steve told him before kneeling down next to the strange reptile, if he didn't know better he would say it was a dinosaur.

It started moving again and he quickly found a few remains of ropes from the bodies of HYDRA agents and tied the creature's mouth shut along with its legs and arms incase it started flailing around before they got back. Natasha looked up as he approached while Bruce, who was no longer in Hulk form, sat inside the jet where Clint was lying on the seats unconscious.

"Uh, what is that?" She asked, eying the creature in his arms with a venomous look. "We are not bringing it with us, it attacked us."

"It also attacked the HYDRA who attacked us as well." He countered. "Besides, it might not be a bad idea to let Tony see what it is."

"Got that right." Tony said as he landed and exchanged the scepter he was carrying for the reptile. "If I had to guess... it looks like some type of raptor. Guess we'll know for sure when I run some tests, I'll try tracking down who those two inhuman people were as well while I'm at it... After that we can relax and have ourselves a nice party."

The creature made a sound that was a mix between a growl and whimper in response to the word but otherwise made no move to get free. Half way back to the tower the creature opened its lizard like eyes and began thrashing as soon as it realized it was trapped. The room in the jet seemed to shrink with the large creature wildly crashing around, easily breaking the ropes by using its hand claws to cut the feet and mouth free then the mouth to bite through the rope around its wrists. Before it could attack any of them however, Thor threw it to the floor and placed Mjolnir on its side. The reptile gave several more shrieks of anger, and some hoarse sound between, before finally giving up and panting on the ground glaring at them.

"This creature, it does not look like any I have seen on earth." Thor commented as he observed it. "It shall make a nice opponent to destroy once the Man of Iron is done with it."

The monster snapped at his hand, grazing it slightly, before Thor moved out of the way of its claws and teeth. Bruce stayed quiet, giving the animal a worried look before replacing the bloody gauze on Clint's wound for some fresh bandages before applying more pressure to the wound. Once they got home they would be able to treat him better.