Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Maddie woke up with the deepest regret in the world. She woke up from a dream to a nightmare. Her dream was wonderful. She was in a café back in her hometown. It was a lovely café, very lovely. Its décor was very vintage; the building just had its own Victorian era to it that made it so beautiful and captivating. There were metal tables with little red striped umbrellas above it. The metal chairs were covered along with white sheets and the table a picnic blanket as the table cloth.

Sitting in the tables was Maddie, wearing a black leotard with a gold sheet around her waist. She had black shoes with metal bars on the soles. Her hair was up in a pony-tail, and it was without her black-streak in her hair. Next to her was her older brother, Mason, who was dressed in his old attire. He had a leather jacket on him and a large guitar looking bag next to him. He was dressed as if he was in a rock band.

The dream was weird though because it was only her and Mason sitting. In front of them sat a lady in her mid-thirties. She had long curly-red hair and bright green eyes. She had an unforgettable mole on the side of her nose that was very roman. She had an egg-shaped head with high-cheekbones. It was weird because the woman felt so familiar to Maddie; it was like she was part of her life.

Right when the woman opened her mouth to speak, Maddie felt her whole body being drawn back to reality. She felt her heart sink into oblivion, along with the effect of curiosity blooming to the fact of the woman she had spoken to in her dream. Who was she? Why did she seem so familiar?

She sat up and saw her monster roommate in her bed. She didn't bother waking Marjorie up. There was just no point since they were already off to a rocky start. Maddie got out of bed and got herself dressed. She grabbed her stuff and walked out to her first class.

She passed a hall filled with boys and girls at their lockers, grabbing their books and other necessities. Maddie reached her classroom and walked inside. The classroom seemed to be reasonably sized; not too big and not too small. The walls were a brownish color with yellow windows. There were twelve white desks that had to fit at least two people. On the white board, the name of the class was written in black marker: Supernatural 101.

As students were taking their seats, Maddie grabbed a seat in the middle next to a red-headed girl. The girl had gingery hair with blue eyes. Her face seemed to be perfectly circular with high cheekbones, and with bits of freckles along her face. Her hair was up in a preppy ponytail; which was complementary to her preppy clothing. She seemed like the studious student who spent her whole time studying. Maddie had an idea who the girl was. She might've seen her in one of The Council Christmas parties when they were kids.

"Hi," The girl greeted. She must've had glasses on her head because the next thing Maddie knew, the glasses were on the desk. "I'm Hope Lancaster." Hope had a friendly tone in her voice when she spoke.

"Maddie Mason." Maddie got her stuff out of her bag and put it on her desk. She felt eyes on her as she was doing it. She looked to the left and saw Hope staring at her like she was amazed to be sitting next to her. "You okay there?"

"Your brother," Hope giggled. "Your brother's Mason. He's so well known in the school."

"I am very well aware of that."

"He's a senior."

"I am also very well aware of that."

"Is he chill?" Hope asked with a slight whisper.