Chapter 7

His eyes finally opened. He looked around while he processed everything. Everyone waited for Ichigo to say something with anticipation. He sat up and ran his fingers through his hair. He looked up and his light brown eyes met her dark purple eyes. They held the gaze for a while. He gave her a smile that already made Rukia's heart skip a beat. "Rukia..." he said. "Are you ok?" His voice was filled with concern. What?! He was asking if I was ok?!? I can't believe he was still concerned and worried with me when he's obviously the one everyone needs to be concerned about! Thought Rukia.

"Baka! I should be asking you that!" she said with a smile on her face.

They sat around the table, they each had there own cup of tea. "I'm glad to see your alright, Ichigo." said Urahara.

"So, Urahara, what happened with the enemy?" asked Uryu.

"Ah. Yes. Kenpachi and Byakuya successfully defeated him, while only obtaining minor injurys." answered Kisuke. "Rangiku, Renji, Toshiro, Ikkaku, and Yumichika did a great job handling the abundance of Hollows and they have returned to the Soul Society." He poured more tea in his cup. "Your mission is complete. You did a great job." he smiled behind his fan.

The five teens were resting up at Urahara's for tonight before returning home. "Hi." said Ichigo, a wide grin on his face as he sat next to Rukia. Rukia smiled. She intertwined her fingers with Ichigo's.

"I love you to, Ichigo." His heart skipped a beat. He had never felt happier. He wrapped his arms around the shinigami's petite body, and held her tight. He pulled away and pressed his lips against hers. They lingered for a few moments, then seperated, their foreheads against each other's. They kissed again and agian. *Knock Knock Knock*

"I'm coming in Rukia." said Orihime. "I just...umm...wanted to ask-" She gasped as she saw Ichigo, kissing Rukia. Her heart clenched. She breathed in a quavering breath. Neither of them were paying attention. He didn't know exactly who it was, but Ichigo felt a presence standing by the doorway. Without hesitating, or looking up from the wistful kiss, he grabbed the pillow with one hand and threw it towards the doorway, his way of telling the person to get out. The pillow hit Orihime right in the face, with force. She gasped. She wasn't expecting that at all. She looked at Ichigo and Rukia once more, tears flowing from her eyes, down her cheeks. They both kissed each other so passionately, as Ichigo brought Rukia closer to him. Orihime left the room and cried silently in hers.

"I love you, Ichigo."

"I love you, Rukia."

•••••Fin•••••