Chapter 1

Ichigo, Rukia, Uryu, Orihime, and Chad were sitting around the table at Uruhara's. They had a new mission to complete. "An enemy wants to take over the World of the Living. Since Karakura Town has a lot of spiritual pressure, if he takes over this town, he'll have enough power to take over any other parts of the world, soon leading to his success. Before he entered Karakura Town, he has messed with the Precipice World as a diversion to the Soul Society. He has placed hollow bait, similar to Uryu's, underground, and through small holes, the bait seeps out into the air. That explains the abundance of hollows these past couple of days. Rengi, Hitsugaya, Rangiku, Ikaku, and Yumichika are controlling the hollows right now. What we have to do is destroy the bait. That's the easy part. The hard part is getting to the bait." Uruhara paused, taking a sip from his tea. "To destroy the bait, all you have to do is use any kind of spirit attack, like Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshō, or Kidō. Now, the bait is among jagged rocks, one misstep, and all the rocks will crumble and fall onto you leading into certain death, or major injuries."

"What about the enemy? How are we going get to him?" Ichigo asked.

"The enemy's name and appearance is unknown, since he wears a mask. Byakuya and Kenpachi are currently fighting him in the Soul Society, but that's all we know so far. That's why it's your job to do this, being that you, Ichigo, are a substitute soul reaper for Kararkura Town, and you, Rukia, were stationed here. And or course, with the help of your friends." said Uruhara, gesturing to Orihime, Uryu, and Chad.

Kisuke showed the five teenagers where the bait might be. All they had to do was find it, around the area Urahara showed them.