“I’m friends with a retard.” I said and fell onto my bed.

It was six o’clock, the party started in one hour and I was through the roof, I was going crazy. I had my shower finished and my dress and make-up on, all I had to do was figure out what to do with my hair. Avery walked out of the bathroom wearing her pink one shoulder dress and looked at my face; she sighed and plugged in a hair straightener.

“Let me.” She said and pulled some of my hair up; she pulled the flat iron through my hair until every strand lay straight down my back. “Perfect.”

At 6:45 we were all set, I had on my blue strapless, with black heels and a nice pair of silver earrings and a bracelet. Avery had on her pink one shoulder dress, sliver heels, a pair of hoop earrings and a sliver bracelet.

My mom came in at ten till and said that, the guests had already arrived and that, I needed to hurry up. I pulled Avery out of the room and down stairs where people littered my living room. Some I knew, some I didn’t, some I liked, and others I didn’t give two shits about.  Avery and I walked through the crowd together causally talking to people we knew from school or around town. An hour was spent doing that, and then my dad stood in front of everyone with my mother by his side.

“Excuse me.” He said lightly tapping a fork on the side of a glass, quickly everyone hushed up and turned their attention towards my father, he motioned for me to come stand by him, I hesitated but did as commanded he then continued, “Tonight we are gathered to celebrate my daughter, earlier this week she shifted.” There was a round of applause, I blushed slightly and kept watching my father. “But we are also gathered her to announce that not only has she shifted, but she has also found her mate.”

Chatter filled the house, everyone was shocked, including me, I thought we weren’t going to do this.

“Parker Vesey, please join us.” Parker smiled and walked towards us, I couldn’t help but glare, warning him not to come any closer, but he didn’t catch it. “This caring, sensitive young man was welcomed into our home at the beginning of the school year, the Alpha’s son of a neighboring town, he didn’t expect to find a mate in my daughter, but he did.” My dad gave Parker a loving smile. “He has become part of this family, and soon, Cecilia and Parker will have a pack to care for, to control. I wish them luck.”

At the end of his speech everyone in the house bust out in applause, I stormed off, headed straight for Avery, who by the way, didn’t look to happy herself.

“Let’s get out of here.” I said and pulled her out of the house.

“I can’t believe that bullshit.” I said as we pulled up to Megan’s house.

“Look, let’s not worry about it, screw them. Have fun tonight.” She said and shut off the car and climbed out. I took a deep breath and got out, following her to the front door. We followed a big group of people into the house and made our way towards the alcohol.

We had changed out of our dresses and I was currently wearing a pair of tight jeans and a tight blue tank top that hugged my body. Avery was wearing a Metallica T-shirt and a pair of black shorts. We were ready to drown our problems.

“Let it all out.” Jake said handing me a red plastic cup. I smiled at him and took a sip out of the cup.

“What is this?” I asked making a face.

“A Roman Coke.” He said happily.

“It’s gross.”I said handing it back to him. He stuck his tongue out at me and chugged the contents of the cup. Next Jake handed me a shot of Jack, which I gladly accepted and took it, I asked for another.

Five shots later, I was on the dance floor, grinding on some, cute dark skinned guy I didn’t even know, bodies were crowded all around me; I didn’t know most of them, but they were moving to the beat of the music. 

*Parker*

I drove Megan back to her house after Cecilia’s party, and helped her get ready for her party. I sat the booze on the table while she was changing and picked out some good party tunes. An hour later the house was packed, I was waiting for one person to show up. I handed out who knows how many shots when I saw the brown hair beauty walk through the door with her friend. They made their way towards me and stopped closed by.

“That’s gross.”I heard Cecilia say as she swallowed the liquid that lay inside the red solo cup. Her friend, Jake, took it from her and slung back the contents. Then he gave her several shots and I had to be put through the torture of watching her dance with my best friend. His hands were all over her, and she looked like she was enjoying it. She’s drunk I said to myself, of course she likes it.

I growled to myself and watched as he pulled her away from the crowd towards me, probably to introduce her to me, if he even knew her name, or to get some air. He smirked at me as he walked by. I saw him walk to the back door with her.

“I’ll be back.” I said to Megan, interrupting her talking about the latest gossip. She looked hurt but I didn’t care as I stalked towards the back door and closer to my mate.

Out back I saw Seth putting the moves on Cecilia, she laughed at whatever he was saying and glanced in my direction, then she pulled Seth in for a kiss, her eyes locked right on me. My blood was boiling. I advanced towards them and pulled my best friend off my mate.

“Man, chill.” He told me.

“Not when you are putting your hands and lips all over my mate.” I growled at him. He stood shocked for a moments but then glance at Cecilia and back towards me.

“I’m sorry bro, I didn’t know.” He said holding his hands up in defeat.

“It’s cool, just don’t do it again.” I said. He nodded and walked back inside the house.

“Really!” Cecilia yelled, getting in my face. “You get to do whatever you want with whoever you want, and I don’t get to do anything? How is that even fair?”

“He’s my best friend.” I said causally.

“So!” She screamed, I smiled at her, she finally lost her temper. “You’re probably screwing that ho!”

“No, I’m not.” I said.

“What the hell ever!” she pushed me back against the porch railing. “You’re an asshole, and a Manwhore! It’s not like you even want me as your mate.”

She covered her mouth with her hand and ran over to the side of the porch; emptying the contents of her stomach into the bushes.

“That’s where you are wrong.”I said over her heaving, I pulled her hair back from her face as she emptied her stomach. After a moment or two she leaned up and wiped her mouth.

“I’m leaving.”She said and started down the steps.

“Let me take you home.”I said grabbing her arm.

“No.” she jerked her arm out of my grasp and made her way around the house and towards the sidewalk.

“How are you going to get home?” I asked running to catch up with her.

“I’ll walk.” She said stubbornly.

“It’s not safe for a pretty girl to walk home alone, in the dark.” I said stopping her, she glared at me and pushed me out of the way. I caught her around the waist and dragged her over to my car, “Stop being so stubborn and get in the car.”

“Stop being an asshole Manwhore.” She countered. I sighed defeated.

“I will stop treating you the way I have been if you let me take you home.” I said finally. She crossed her arms and glanced at me. “Please?”

“Fine.” She said and finally got in.

*Cecilia*

Parker got me home safely and I went to crash in my bed. I stumbled up the stairs and into my room. As I laid my head on the pillow I heard something crinkle under the weight of my head. I looked up and found a piece of paper, and one that paper was a note. A note that could mean the end of everything.