The Meeting

I arrived at school the next morning getting many different stares from people. I thought it was because of the outfit I chose, but then I realized it was because I got off the back of Jakes motorcycle. Girls looked at me as though they were jealous, sure Jake was hot and the Betas son, but he wasn’t available. Guys glared at Jake, the glares were full of hatred. One person stuck out more than the others, that person was Avery. She stares at me with her mouth open and eye full of shock. I thanked Jake for the ride and kissed him on the cheek and made my way quickly over to Avery.

“What the hell is going on?” she asked.

“Nothing, why?”

“Because you just got a ride to school from Jake.” She practically yelled.

“I didn’t just get a ride with him; I stayed the night with him last night.” I said unlocking my locker.

“WHAT!” Avery yelled. I got my English book out of my bag and closed my locker.

“I stayed with Jake last night.” I said and walked with her down the hall.

“Why would you do that?” Avery asked. “I thought you weren’t going to hurt him”

“I’m not going to.” I said defending myself. “We aren’t doing anything. It was innocent.”

“Nothing’s innocent with you Cecilia!” she said getting angry.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I stopped and turned to her, I was offended.

“Um. Just that... you...” she paused for a minute and took a breath. “If you don’t get your way, people get hurt.”

I glared at her.

“If you have a problem with how I’m dealing with things you don’t have to be part of my life.” I said.

“This isn’t the way to deal with things.” She said, begging me to stop.

“You don’t know what it’s like Avery. When you do, we’ll talk.” I said and walked away from her. I walked into my English class and threw my books on my desk. People looked up at me but no one spoke. I put my head down on my desk and waited for class to start.

Once it finally did, the day just seemed to zoom by, after third period; I had lunch with Avery and Jake. Jake tried to get me to talk to Avery but I wouldn’t do it. I wanted an apology before I talked to her not after. I walked to lunch with Jake by my side; we got through the lunch line and made our way to our lunch table in the corner of the cafeteria by the window. Jake pulled my seat out for me and I sat down. Jake and Avery took their spots on either side of me and began to eat their lunch. I just stared at the nasty cafeteria food. Pizza, it was a small slice of cheese pizza with a few pepperoni scattered on top of it. It looked disgusting to say the least, but I needed the small amount of protein it offered, so I bit into it.

“Ce, I’m sorry about what I said, I didn’t mean to upset you.” Avery said looking at me sadly.

“It’s okay; I understand why you said what you did.” I said. She leaned over and hugged me, I hugged her back.

“Aww, best friends.” Jake said hugging us both.

“Gross.” Avery said and pushed him away.

“Don’t be a hater.” Jake said and sat back down, I laughed at the two of them, they fought like brother and sister.

Fifth period Business with Mr. Jackson came and went his class was enough to sleep through. Sixth period, Drama, was the class I can’t wait for. Avery and I had that class together, we tried to get Jake to join with us but he turned us down saying it was gay, and he was a straight boy. Mrs. Haynes was a crazy red head, she wasn’t married but she did have a boyfriend and she enjoyed telling us her stories just as much as we liked to hear them. I was sad when her class was over for the day.