33 - Get Together Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Because we need to plan everything for today" I put emphasis on we.

Samuel chuckled, "Everything is already sorted" without him saying anymore, I knew he meant the catering and how beautiful outside already looked - people had come over to fix it up.

"No, not the bbq. What we're wearing. I need to know what you're putting on so I can wear something that kind of matches. Not like the same color but, we can't be clashing. And, I need to know what things your family don't like so that I don't say the wrong thing. Oh, an-"

Samuel ended my sentence by resting his lips on top of mine, "Stop over thinking it" he told me seriously but I could see him smiling.

"But" I started only to be cut off with another kiss, I don't think he realized how important this stuff is.

"Everything is going to be fine, I don't care what I'm wearing. If it makes you feel better you can pick it. And woman, don't worry about what my family don't like, they will love you. Daniel knows you already, so that's one less person to worry about"

"Yeah but he only knows the 'work me' not the 'brothers girlfriend me'" I reasoned.

He tugged at my bottom lip with his teeth, "Both of these people are still the same you, they will love you I promise"

But I knew better, they were both different people. At work, Daniel rarely saw me anyway, "How are you so sure?"

"I just know, what's there not to love?" he asked me, as if I was supposed to answer that.

There's plenty of things. Maybe they'll think I'm one of those slutty women that wanted Samuel for his money just like Simone, especially as I'm his PA. It sounds so typical. Or maybe they will detect the hood in me and not like it, just like Ryan's bougie family. They might even pry into where I live, or where I was born. Or maybe pops will embarrass me, if he's still able to come. I'd invited him over because I felt it was important for him to be involved in my life.

There was tension between us when i found out that he'd been cheating on mom all the time they'd been married. What hurt me the most is that, he was still at it when she was sick. I vowed I'd never speak to him again because of it, but after a whole year and him trying to reach out constantly I allowed him back in. Both Lala and Renee, who had known him and how much he loved me had encouraged me to rekindle a relationship with him regardless as life is too short, and I wouldn't want him to pass too without us being on talking terms. Things will never be the same between us though - ever.

I rolled my eyes in response, not saying anything though a part of me wished I never agreed to this.

Though when both Samuel and I were dressed up, him in beige slacks and white shirt, and me in a white sun dress, that stopped at my knee - I felt way better, and a lot less stressed out. I was trying to be conservative but not looking like a old woman at the same time, and my hair looked good. I wore nude lipstick, and nude pumps. My hair held up well, the curls looked perfect and because I'd done the knots on stretched out hair, they fell past my shoulders - at least I looked the part.

We were ready way too early for the actual bbq to start, but everything was set up. And I must say this is the grandest bbq set up I've ever seen in my life. It looked more like an event. Samuel's bachelor looking pad had been completely transformed. There was a drinks bar set up, as well as different sections for different types of food. Like, it looked like there was an army coming or something.

"See I told you everything would be alright" Samuel wrapped his arm around me from behind.

"I haven't met your people yet, and pops said he's coming for definite, so you beware now" I said playfully as I felt him pressed up against me, his head rested on my shoulder as I looked though the window at the beautiful view outside.