Chapter 32

||Lacey Matthews||

"Why didn't we just walk here?" Gavin asks, raising a brow as we get out of Gwen's car.

Hanna looks over at him, nodding in agreement. "That was literally a two second car ride, Gwen."

"Oh, bite me." Gwen scoffs, rolling her eyes.

Hanna and Gwen walk ahead to meet Will and Christian inside, leaving me and Gavin walking behind them.

"What's up with you?" He asks, sounding curious and somewhat concerned.

"Nothing." I reply dryly, folding my arms across my chest, practically hugging myself to keep warm.

Gavin watches me, raising his brow again. "Cold?"

I nod slightly, a small shiver going up my spine as we neared the entrance. Gavin draped his arm over my shoulders, pulling me into him.

"I can keep you warm." He smirks, wiggling his eyebrows.

"You wish!" I scoff, shoving him away from me lightly.

He chuckles, continuing to walk beside me. I reach out and open the door to the ice cream shop, holding it open for Gavin. "Pricks first," I say, smiling up at him sweetly.

Gavin rolls his eyes at me, stepping inside. "Cute, Lace." He says, wandering off towards our friends.

This time, it was me rolling my eyes. I shake my head, stepping inside myself as I follow Gavin over to our friends.

"Hey, kitten." Christian says when I sit down, giving me one of his very, very charming smiles.

"Hey." I chuckle, looking at Gwen who then slides my ice cream across to me. "Thanking you." I grin.

I don't say much, laughing every now and again. I glance across the table at Gavin, his eyebrow raising slightly as he glances back at me.

"I think I'll walk home." I announce, pushing my chair away from the table.

Gavin,Hanna and Gwen look over at me, Gwen raising her eyebrow. "You sure? It's cold."

"Yeah, I'm sure. I only live a few minutes away." I chuckle, standing up. "I'll see you guys later."

Gwen and Hanna nod, giving me a small wave. Will and Christian too busy having a heated conversation about God knows what.

I turn and head out, the cold air sending shivers up my spine, causing me to actually shiver.

"Lacey!" A voice calls, a voice I have come to know all too well.(Sadly.)

I groan quietly, looking over my shoulder at Gavin jogging towards me.

"What?" I question, raising my eyebrow slightly as he catches up with me.

"My bike is still at yours, remember? I need to walk with you." He says, shrugging. "And also, what's your problem? You're acting weird."

"You're my problem." I say bluntly, turning to continue my walk home.

I hear Gavin scoff from behind me as he jogged to my side. "Me? What the heck did I do?"

"You know exactly what you did." I huff, rolling my eyes. "And I find it extremely awkward."

Gavin didn't say anything for a while, but I could literally feel his gaze burning into the side of my face. "Is this about that kiss?" He asks, a hint of amusement laced in his town.

"Do you find my discomfort funny or something?" I grumble, huffing slightly as I fold my arms across my chest.

A girl's discomfort, especially mine, is nothing to laugh about.

Well, okay. Maybe sometimes it's a little funny, but in this case, not funny at all.

"Actually, yes. It's kind of funny to see you like this." He says, his lips curving into a smirk as I look over at him.

I roll my eyes, shaking my head. "It's not funny! It's seriously bugging me, Gavin!"

He lets out a loud snort, slinging his arm over my shoulders. "Kissing me isn't a bad thing, sunshine. You should be considering yourself lucky."

"Lucky? Why should I be considering myself lucky?" I scoff, rolling my eyes as we near my house.

Gavin doesn't reply for a few minutes, which causes me to glance at him, my eyebrow raising slightly.

"Because." He states, dropping his arm. "You're literally the only girl I pay attention to. And you're not a terrible kisser, either." He says casually, shrugging as if it's no big deal.

My cheeks are probably bright red, but God bless the darkness for hiding it.

"Oh." I mumble, clearing my throat softly.

The rest of the walk was silent. So silent, that you could probably hear a pin drop.

"Uh, I'll see you in school?" Gavin questions as we stop beside his motorcycle.

I nod, looking up at him. My lips curve into a small smile as his eyes wander over his bike. He drops his gaze down to look at me, his lips also curved into a smile.

"Thanks for walking with me. Even though you had no choice." I chuckle.

Gavin grins, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into him. "I would've walked you home either way, sunshine."

I won't lie, the hug surprised me. He didn't seem like much of a hugger. I pull away from him, the wind blowing my hair into my face.

My stomach almost did a backflip when Gavin reached his hand out and brushed the strand of hair behind my hair.

"Goodnight." He whispers, the smile on his face growing.

I stare up at him, nodding. "Yeah, night." I finally say, giving him one last smile before turning and walking towards my front door.

Either that was a moment, or it was me admiring his gorgeous facial features.

Probably both.

I turn and look over my shoulder, giving him a small wave before stepping through my front door, closing and locking it behind me

"What the fuck was that about?"

- - - - -
Another update? Woo!