Chapter 25

||Lacey Matthews||

"How did it go?" Gavin stood up from where he was standing and walked towards me.

I smiled, turning to the side slightly, giving him a full view of my new tattoo.

If I'm totally honest, it did hurt a little. But it was worth it, I actually really like what I got.

"What does the date stand for?" He asked, tracing the tattoo gently.

I smiled slightly. I had gotten the date my parents passed away tattooed on my side with a small pair of angle wings beside it.

"It's the date my parents died."

Gavin glanced up at me and gave me a sympathetic smile. He stood up starlight, throwing his arm around my shoulder.

"Ready to go home?" He asked, looking over at the door.

I nodded. "Yeah, let's go."

We made our way outside, a wave of cold air hitting my body. It had gotten much colder in the last couple of hours.

"Do you want me to take you home, Lace?" He asked, giving my shoulder a squeeze.

"Mmhm, that's probably a good idea. I'll call Gwen and Hanna later."

Gavin took his arm away and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. He continued walking as if it was no big deal.

You know how people say they feel sparks whenever a certain person touches them? Screw the sparks. It was more like a wildfire when Gavin touched my hand.