Chapter 12

||Lacey Matthews||

I woke up on Thursday morning with a banging headache. I sat up in bed and slapped my hand to my forehead.

'What the hell happened last night?' I wondered to myself.

Then it all came back. The party, my birthday, the creepy college dude, drinking too much, the kiss I shared with Gavin.

I kissed Gavin.

My eyes widened and I groaned. Why would I kiss Gavin? I mean, obviously I was wasted, but I can't help but remember how right it felt.

"You look like shit," Brandon said as he waltzed into my room and plopped down on my bed.

"Thanks, I also feel like shit." I groaned and fell back and buried my head into my pillow. Brandon chuckled and said, "I'll get Derek to drive me to school then."

I decided just to stay home and die of hangover. I wonder if it's actually possible to die of a sore head?

An hour went by and I have a few texts and a missed call. I totally ignored them and went downstairs to get some aspirin and eat something.

The doorbell rang and I ignored it, resting my head on the breakfast bar and groaning.

"You look like shit," a deep voice chuckled and I jumped up. Gavin looked at me in amusement then smirked.

My cheeks flushed red as I remembered the kiss once again.

"H-how did you get in?" I stuttered. "You told me where the extra key was last night," he replied with a shrug.

I turned around again, sitting back on my stool and laying my head on the breakfast bar. Gavin joined me, copying my actions. "What are you doing here?" I asked, staring at him curiously.

Gavin chuckled and said, "you have a perfect attendance record. Why aren't you keeping it up?"

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. I had no idea he knew about my perfect attendance. "I'm extremely hungover."

"So?" He raised his eyebrow. "What's your point? I come to school hungover all the time."

He had a point. It was stupid of me to be missing school because of a hangover. I sighed, "give me a few minutes."

Gavin grinned, "I'll wait down here."

I trudged upstairs, pulling on some fresh underwear, my ripped skinny jeans and a slightly cropped top. I pulled a sweater on, shoved my feat into my vans, pulled my hair up into a messy bun and made my way downstairs.

"Let's go," I sighed, picking my backpack up from the bottom of the stairs.

--------------------------------------
So much for updating once or twice a week.. Ha oops.. Sorry :))