Chapter 39

||Lacey Matthews||

"You're taking me on a date? No, Gavin, we need to study!"

Wow, way to sound like a goodie goodie, Lacey.

I let out a small groan when Gavin stops abruptly, causing me to walk into his back. "Jesus, Gavin. Your back is like a brick fucking wall."

"You'd rather study than go on a date?" He asks, turning to look at me. "I didn't realize you were that turned off by me, Lace."

Even though I can sense the teasing in his tone, my cheeks turn a bright shade of red. "No! I just think we could go on a study date!"

Gavin laughs loudly, shaking his head. "Alright, alright. But I'll take you on that real date one day." He says, winking at me.

"Whatever floats your boat," I chuckle. "Come on. We'll go study at the library."

A loud sigh escapes Gavin's lips as he follows behind me, leaving our cars in the school parking lot as the library isn't too far from the school. We'll just go back for our cars later, obviously.

I slide my phone out of my back pocket, unlocking it and going onto my messages. I raise my eyebrow slightly, seeing quite a few unread texts from Gwen and Hanna.

Considering we're in a group chat, I like to keep my phone on silent so I don't receive the rapid notifications.

Gwen : I lost my red converse

Hanna : you left them in my house

Gwen : ew keep your nasty feet out of them

Hanna : they're ugly anyway smd

Me : how's your man Gwen

Gwen : Will is fabulous

Hanna : if you know what she means

Me : HAHAHAHAHA

Gwen : KYS BYE

Hanna : how rude

"Why are you grinning at your phone like that?" Gavin asks, nudging his elbow into my side lightly to get my attention.

I laugh, sliding my phone back into my back pocket. "My friends are idiots."

"Join the club," he replies, smiling.

Gavin and I reach the library, and Gavin holds the door open for me, walking in behind me.

We wander to the back of the library, taking a seat near the window. I dump my backpack on the table, unzipping it and taking out my books.

"Lacey," Gavin sighs, eyeing the stack of books. "You and your studying will be the death of me."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Can we please just take a second to talk about the fact that I literally never update??

This is an apology. Another apology.

Anyway, I'd like to apologise for the fact that I haven't updated. I've been really uninspired lately.

God, I do not blame the half of you that have lost total interest in this book because, frankly, I have no idea where it's going to end.

I AM A PROFESSIONAL, WERK. I CAME TO WERK.

I want to kms for that.

Before this turns into an actual novel, I'm just going to apologise once more.

I am sorry for being a bad updater.

PS : I am working on a few other books and I feel like you'll love them so stay tuned for the eventual end of this and the start of a fresh book!!

-Mel