"I'll keep my dry humour and sarcastic comments to a minimum"

Start from the beginning

"Hiya, Logan" she nods. "You two have to be on your best behaviour okay? Logan, I'm relying on you to make her keep her mouth shut when it's necessary"

"That's a bit of a hard challenge" he huffs, glaring at me.

"Don't worry guys, I'll keep my dry humour and sarcastic comments to a minimum" I lie.

I'm not going act all sweet and innocent to David. Mum wants me to get to know him, so he needs to get to know the real me.

"You better had do" Mum snaps. "Can you pack the hoover away for me, love?"

I roll my eyes and unplug the hoover from the wall, tying it up the wire and putting it in the utility room under the stairs. This place is even smaller than my room.

As I'm coming out of the room, I hear a few knocks at the door. Ugh, David.

"Think he's here, Mum" I call, opening the door.

"Hi, Megan. Are you alright?" he smiles brightly at me.

"Yep" I nod, stepping aside so he can come in. I close the door behind him and lead the way into the living room.

"Hey!" Mum smiles widely when she sees him, standing up and pulling him in for a hug.

"Hiya" he smiles, kissing her cheek. I pull a face and Logan elbows me. I shoot him a glare and he just shrugs. "And you're Logan right? Megan's friend"

"The one and only" Logan smiles, shaking hands with David.

"I'm David" he introduces himself.

"No" I say sarcastically.

"Megan" Mum says, shooting me a glare. I just roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest.

I sit down on the single sofa, Logan sits on the other, and David and my Mum sit on the double sofa in the middle.

"So are you looking forward to bowling?" David kicks off the conversation.

"Buzzing" I say monotonously, creating an awkward vibe.

"You're only acting like that because you're so bad at it" Logan surprises me by saying. Whose side is he on?! "You should have seen her the other week. She got one strike by using the ramp. The rest of her attempts will haunt me for life"

"Logan! I also got two spares actually" I tell David proudly as he rolls his head back in laughter.

"You don't even know what a spare is!" Logan chuckles.

"So? It was still good" I shrug, glancing at Mum to see her smiling widely at me. "Mum's bad at bowling too"

"Like mother like daughter" David states.

"Looks like we have some easy competitors then hey, David?" Logan smirks at me and I roll my eyes, turning away to hide my smile.

"Yeah, I guess so" David chuckles. "You all don't stand a chance against me"

"I'll give it my best shot" I decide to speak up.

"Megan, don't big yourself up. My grandma could beat you and she's on her last legs in hospital as we speak" Logan shrugs. I burst out laughing along with David, whereas my Mum scolds Logan for saying such a heartless thing.

"Anyway, who wants a drink?" Mum asks, trying desperately to change the topic. I'm still trying to recover from Logan's comment.

"Ah, yes please love" David smiles at her. Cringe.

"Yes please" Logan chuckles.

"Ok, yes please" I nod, watching as she wonders off into the kitchen. The room goes silent and I shoot Logan a look which screams 'SAY SOMETHING'.

"So you're the guy with the fancy car right?" he smoothly asks. He could have said something else. I don't want David getting big headed about the car I've been telling Logan about.

"What?" David laughs dryly.

"Megan was telling me about a man with a cool car"

"Logan, you make it sound so creepy" I cringe. "But yeah, that's him"

"Oh right, thanks Megan" David smiles and I just nod at him.

"What car is it? Megan's not too good with details. She just said it was a two-seater, black sports car" Logan says, rolling his eyes.

"With cool wheels!" I add, smiling.

David chuckles, "It's a Lexus LFA"

"Oh really? That's sick" Logan gasps in shock. Honestly, does he know every single car in the world? How does he know what the car looks like just by a name?! I can't even picture a Jeep.

"Yeah, I got it last year. I'll show it you when we're going out" he offers and Logan nods enthusiastically.

Mum comes back in and hands us all our drinks before sitting in her place on the sofa.

"So are you and Logan just friends or-"

"We're just friends" I interrupt David before he can even get the change to suggest us being together.

Mum smiles mischievously, "But she fancies the pants off him"

"Literally" Logan adds, making my mouth drop to the floor.

"No I do not! I can barely even call you a friend!" I scoff. Oh no, I can feel my cheeks burning. I try so hard to hold back the blush but unfortunately, Logan points it out which makes it even worse.

"Aw, you're so cute when you blush" he teases, winking at me.

"Logan, wait until we're outside-"

"So we're alone and you can kiss me?" he smirks, blowing me a kiss.

"No! I'm going to kill you" I mutter, shooting him a glare.

"Aw, young love" Mum adds, making Logan laugh.

"I blame you for this" I tell David and he rolls his head back in laughter. "Look, are we going bowling or what?"

Mum laughs, "Wow, you really are desperate to get out of this conversation"

"Damn right I am. Let's go!" I say, standing up from the sofa and looking at everyone expectantly.

"Shejust wants to sit next to me in the car" Logan mutters. I groan and fall backdown on the sofa, hiding my face as everyone laughs at my misfortune.