Chapter 17

A.N/ Hey you guys. So I haven't updated either of my stories for a while because I've just been going through some rough stuff right now, but I'll try and update more. So I'm thinking about making a sequel. Thoughts? Yes, a sequel means this story is ending soon.

Chapter 17

Two months later.

"I just can't do this!" I said. I made a face and threw down the slimy fish.

Luke had taken me fishing today and I caught my first fish! Huzzah! Now it was time to gut it. Ewwww! Chopping its head off and scaling it and ripping out its guts? That is totally not my thing. (A.N/ Personally, I love fishing! But April is quite different than me lol)

Luke laughed. "Oh c'mon, its not that bad!" He said coming up from behind me.

Life these past two months have been rough. Getting over my dads and Drake's death have been hard. But Luke was always there for me. And I have been having nightmares since I got saved. The all start the same, me being tied to a chair and then Evan injecting me with the poison and my body going limp as life is pulled out of me.

I sighed and stood away from the bench. "Okay, Mr. Fish man. You gut the fish." I said.

Luke smirked. "I will." He picked up my prize winning fish. Okay, so the fish was tiny. But I'm so damn proud of that little fish. It was my first fish! I closed my eyes and turned away as Luke gutted the fish. Poor Henry.. Yes, I named my fish. It was special.

"Okay, done." Luke said a few minutes later. I opened my eyes and turned around. Luke was putting what was left of Henry into a Ziplock bag.

"Poor Henry." I said.

Luke raised his eyebrows. "Henry?"

I stuck up my nose. "Yes, Henry. That was his name."

Luke chuckled. "You're too cute." He said and kissed my nose.

I smiled at him. He tried to wrap his arms around me.

"Ewww! Get your fish gutty hands away from me!" I said taking a step back. Lukes face turned into a sneaky grin. Uh oh... He took a step toward me. I took a step back. Step forward, step back And it continued.

"Luke..." I said warningly.

He lunged at me and I ducked and bolted across the dock. He was hot on my trail as I ran as fast as my legs could take me. I ducked around a corner and hid behind a tree. Once I saw him run by I breathed out a breath. Phew!

Suddenly I felt warm breath on my neck. "Gotcha." Luke whispered in my ear before trapping me in his arms. I shrieked. "LUKE SMITH!!! YOU LITTLE RAT!!"

He started laughing and held on tightly as I made my feeble attempts to free myself.

"You're all gross!" I said.

"Well, now you are too! No need to fight me anymore." Luke answered.

He spun me around so my chest was touching his. 

"You smell like fish." I whispered.

He laughed out loud and kissed my cheek. We walked hand in hand back to the dock and packed up our fishing gear. After that we hopped into Lukes car and drove home.

---------

Later that night, Luke had taken me out to dinner. We were currently at Red Lobster eating, well, lobster. Mmmmmmmm. Yum. It made me think of Henry. Poor Henry. We'll eat him eventually.

"April?" Luke asked, breaking me from my thoughts of fish.

"Hmmm?" I answered.

"Finish your food. We have one more stop to make." He said.

One more stop? "Where?" I asked him.

His eyes sparkled. "You'll see." He said.

After we finished our food we got in the car.

"So where we going?" I asked.

"I told you. You'll see." Luke said, not taking his eyes off the road.

I groaned. But I wanna know! I stared out the window at the dark, starry sky. It was a beautiful clear night.

20 minutes later we pulled up to a parkinglot. Where are we? We climbed out of the car and Luke grabbed a blanket from tbe back. I looked around.

We were at the beach! I squealed and grabbed his hand and ran down to the sand. I kicked off my shoes and sunk my feet into the sand. Ahhhhhh it feels good. It wasn't very warm, seeing how it was night.

Luke layed down the blanket and we layed down on it, listening to the waves crash on the shore and staring up at the beautiful starry sky.

"Thank you for bringing me here. I love it." I said.

"Well, I love you." Luke said. I smiled.

"I love you, too." I gave him a gentle kiss and then layed my head on his chest.

A little while later Luke stood up.

"Where you going?" I asked.

He held out his hand. "Let's go walk in the water."

I smiled and took his hand. We held hands as we walked through the cool lake water. He then walked into the sand.

"Come here." He said.

I walked towards him.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Shhh. Come here." He whispered.

I walked over and stood next to him. He pointed out and I looked where he was pointing. A doe and her baby were walking on the sand. The doe was walking slowly while the baby was frolicing and kicking up his back legs. I smiled and leaned into Luke. He wrapped his arms around my waist and we watched the deer. Out of the woods came a big buck and it followed the momma and baby. I watched in amazement as the buck approached the doe and they bumped noses and walked together, watching their baby jump around.

Luke let go of my waist. I turned to him.

"April, I brought you here for a reason. You're the most beautiful person. You make me so alive. You make me feel like I'm wanted. You are such an amazing person, baby. When you were kidnapped those times, my heart seriously was hurting. I just wanted you back with me. Safe in my arms. You've changed my life. You made my life whole. I love you with all my heart. I want to be like those deer. You and I walking side by side as we watch our children be crazy. I want to grow old with you." He said and got to one knee. I gasped.

"April, will you marry me?" He asked.

Tears sprung to my eyes as I looked into his eyes. They held such honesty and love.

"Yes." I said. He stood up and slid the ring on my finger. Tears ran down my cheeks and I hugged him hard. "I love you." I said into his neck.

He kissed my hair.

"And I love you."

We spent the rest of the night walking on the beach and talking about our future together.

This has been the best day ever.

A.N./ Ta-da! What did you think?