Emotions Unleashed

Payment to a Pirate by DeathPasta, All Rights Reserved, © 2015

Disclaimer: I do not own the following characters, Hiro Mashima is the original creator and owner. Although I do own the story.

Lucy Heartfilia's POV

***2 WEEKS LATER***

It's been two weeks since I was dumped on this pirate ship. And honestly, despite all the rules, I actually wasn't in complete misery.

Usually one of the girls was always with me, and the embarrassment of them bringing me food, bathing, and dressing me went away faster than I thought it would.

Captain Natsu stayed away from me. The only time I saw him was in the morning when he would leave and at night when he returned. Very few words was shared and I liked it that way.

During all the excitement of a new place and new people, I forgot I even left home. Rubbing my sides for comfort, my heart ached for home.

Virgo.

Aries.

Loke.

I wonder what they was doing? Did they miss me as well? Or was I just a remnant of a time of their lives?

***Meanwhile at the Heartfilia Palace***

Loke's POV

"Your Majesty, it has been two weeks and still no word from the princess. Please allow me to locate her." I pleaded.

"Nonsense, Loke." King Jude replied. Though he would never admit it, he missed the daughter he never cared for.

I had to convince him to save Lucy. Even though she was our princess, she wasn't like the others. She was not only undeniably beautiful, but her heart was made from the finest gold that God created. An idea popped in my head. Not exactly a good one, but it could work.

"But what about an heir?" I asked sk suddenly it startled him.

"What do you mean, boy?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

"You have no remaining family without her. No child to continue the line. By law, the Duke appointed by your Parliament shall be King and then his eldest. The Heartfilia's will n longer hold a regal title. You will lose everything." I say, trying to sound sincere, even though it wasn't a lie. It was hard to say.

But the King just chuckled at me. "I'm only forty years old, boy. Still plenty of time to marry again and bear a woman some children. You may think you're smarter than me, but you aren't. You think I want the one person who reminds me of nothing but sadness and despair? All Lucy was is a pretty little bird who sang her little songs and knew all the polite things to say. She had not an intelligent thought in her ditsy little head." He barked.

"You're wrong." I say lowly.

"What was that, boy?" He sneered at me.

"You're wrong!" I shout at him. "Lucy wasn't ditsy! Yes, she is a pretty little bird, yes, she said all the right things, but she isn't idiotic! She is so smart. She played the piano everyday in remembrance of our Queen. She would recite her mother's favorite poems daily. She would read millions of books a day. She will make a fine queen for Magnolia, you're just too arrogant to admit it!"

He snapped as he jumped to his feet. "I don't need thoughts from a petty guard. Your job is to guard all royalty and the castle. Not to make snide remarks to your boss. I'd watch my tongue and forget all about her, if I was you."