New Beginnings

I was nervously awaiting out in this barren waste land. What I saw were some cabins and dirt and some giant trees here and there.
We all stood there standing out in the scorching sun for hours. (Okay maybe like 30 minutes.)
Then the commanding officer came out the blues. I tried to keep a straight face along with some other people.
He was picking on the people who couldn't keep themselves together. There were a quite a few.
Then he walks pass me, staring at me like I'm a witch. I kept my stance. "Wow I'm doing good for once," I thought to myself with a small smile on my redden face. Then the officer turns to me. "WHY ARE SMILING CADET!" He spat in my face.
"SORRY SIR," I barked. "So, what do you think you are going to do with you insignificant mangeing life!" He yelled
"I want to join to join the Regiment. Sir" I replied as seriously as I can. Some of the soldiers started to laugh a little. Then the office quickly turns his head and darts toward them. "Why are laughing?" The officer asks sternly.
"I... I thought she was being funny, Sir!" Shouts Kendle. Then the officer went on how this was going to be one of the hardest and the most unpleasant 3 years of our lives.

"You are dismissed!" The officer barks at all of us and storms back to the main building. We all started to walk are separate was until....
"Hey Ember," calls out Petra.
"Hello!" I say happily. "Well......" I trailed off.
"Hey let's go grab lunch," Petra implies. My stomach starts to growls. Just the thought of food made me want to eat anything.
"Yeah," I hummed to the song I was remembering. Then we both went down to the mess hall.

As, we got down there, there were the twins, Fred and George. "Hey Ember sit here," calls out one of them. And Petra sits next to me. He was smiling up at me with his green eyes glistening. I turn to Petra. "Hey... Um.... Petra when will training will start?" I ask sounding like a complete fool. "It will start tomorrow short stock," teases Dodge. I gave him my infamous 'Im gonna kill you in your sleep' glare. Dodge flinches. "He, he." I squeaked with joy.

Later on at lunch..............
"Hey George hand me that candle on the small round table over there," says Fred as he was pointing at the candle.
"What are you guys gonna do?" I ask.
"We're going to TRY to start a fire." Explains Fred. I glance over at Petra and she was giggling uncontrollably. Her strawberry blonde was everywhere. "Sometime I wished that I had her hair." I thought. Then she quickly walks out like she knows what she knew what was going to happen next. 

Then they actually started a small fire. "I'm impressed," I complimented as I was standing over Fred. The fire quickly spreads to the small kitchen. My eyes got huge. "Well, have fun. You two," as I was running out of the mess hall.

I was really anxious so I decided to go on a LONG far away walk from here. "Hey Ember! Where are you going," calls out Petra. I pull her to the side of the building. "Petra, you can not tell anybody and I repeat you can not tell anybody. I'm going on a long walk and never comin' back," I whisper. "What why?" She asks loudly. Some of the students look our direction. "Uuuhhh, it's nothing. Keep on doing what you are doing!" I call out to them.
"BOOM," went an explosion. "That," as I say staring into Petra's golden eyes. "Whhh..... What was that?!?" Petra asks shaking with fear. "It was the kitchen," I respond automatically. Then the officer comes storming right in the "accident". Petra and I creep behind a huge scraggly bush that needs some trimming. "Oh, poor Fred and George," whines Petra. They were both in a corner with fear in their eyes. "Why, I atta!" Screams the officer. Then we both quickly dashed out of there planning to never go back to the mess hall.

Later on that evening..........
I was called down to the desk. I saw Fred and George there sitting on an old wooden bench. It reminded me of school, like I ever went to school. "Sit down!" Instructs the officer. "What do you think you were doing!" He screams at us. We all flinched. "I will explain," I say.
"Well, these two yahoos thinking they could do whatever they want to and decided to "make" a small fire in the back, Sir," I explained. Fred stands up. "What no she lying," he whines. "No, Sir I am not," I respond. "I will think about it," he says ending it, completely owning it. Then I skip on out of there pleased with myself, that I won't get into any trouble.