To the Sound of Your Heart

Well sorry Michael. Mama and my sisters insisted on Michael and the boys staying for dinner. Michael kind of took my hint and tried to tell them politely that they couldn't, but Ezra isn't the quickest and corrected Michael saying that they didn't have plans.

"Michael, how did you two meet?" Mama asks Michael as he helps me prep for dinner.

"We bumped into each other," he replies to her. I can see a smile spread across his face making me blush a bit.

"Have you two been together?" Mama asks.

"Mama!" I shout at her. Michael laughs a bit. I slap his arm. "It's not funny," I tell him.

"Why haven't we?" Michael whispers to me.

I blush a deeper shade of red and shrug.

"Aww," Paloma gushes as she leans on the counter next to me.

"Beat it," I tell her.

"Someone's got a crush!" Zuleika chimes in from across the room.

I hear Michael let out a tiny laugh, so I slap his arm again. He then pulls me into him and whispers into my ear, "if you do that again I'll have to bend you over this counter and punish you."

At that my knees go weak and I fall into his arms. His grip tightens on me as I try to regain my balance. Then I pull his lips to mine, "please do," I whisper before pecking his lips.

--

Dinner was less nerve racking. Michael answered every question with confidence. I was surprised. I thought my mother and sisters would have scared him away.

"What are your plans tomorrow love?" I ask him as I walk him to his door. The boys had already ran ahead and gone in.

He grabs my hand in his and squeezes it, "whatever yours are."

At that I stop and pull him into my arms. He escapes my embrace and pushes me against the wall. "I don't mind this position," I chuckle.

"Don't tempt me," he says as he begins to suck on my neck in the middle of the hallway. A moan escapes my mouth as I grip his hair tightly. His body is pressed tightly against me. It's driving me insane. I'm definitely tempted to let him bend me over right here.

"Your apartment?" I ask out of breathe. "Please?"

"The boys are home," he sighs as he rests his head on my shoulder.

"I'll be quiet. I promise," I laugh.

"I'm not worried about you and plus you won't be able to keep your moans to yourself," he says to me in the sexiest voice ever.

Take me. Now.

"Mika!" Mama shouts from down the hall.

"Fuck," I sigh. "Meet me at my apartment in twenty?"

"Don't fall asleep," he says with a smile before pecking me on the lips and leaving me with a situation in my pants.

"Seriously mama?" I ask as I approach her.

"Yes honey. Now let's talk," she says as she grabs my hand and drags me back into the apartment.

"What's there to talk about?" I ask her.

"Him," she says.

"Mama.."

"Listen," she stops me. "You barely know him. You acted like it was the first time hearing everything he told us."

"Because for most of it it was," I confess.

"You're going to get your heart broken. You just left Andy. Take things slow," she says to me.

I sigh and nod.

--

After mama left, Fortune and I lounged around on the sofa. I completely forgot about Michael, so when he arrived I wasn't expecting him to. "You okay?" Michael asks as he joins me on the sofa.

"Yes and no," I tell him.

"Well, why no?"

"I don't know," I reply.

Michael then pulls me into his arms and holds me tightly. He doesn't push for anything else. I just melt in his arms and slowly drift to sleep.

--

When I wake up I'm tucked into my bed, but I wasn't alone. An arm had a tight grip around my waist, Michaels. I turn in his embrace and stare at him for a bit while he sleeps.

I could get used to waking up in his arms. I would just like to remember falling asleep in them. His grip tightens a bit more around me and I'm pulled closer.

"Are you awake?" I chuckle.

I answered with a kiss on the lips. The kiss quickly deepens and things start to heat up. We both fight for dominance, but he wins and he's on top of me.

Michael pins my hands above my head with one of his. His other hand slips under the blanket. As his hand touches me in inappropriate, but yet appropriate ways, I start to remember what mama said to me.

"Umm...what's the issue?" Michael asks as he glances down at me.

I sigh and wiggle myself away from him. I then realize I need to say something, because he looks offended and kind of hurt.

"Are you not attracted to me?" Michael asks.

"What?!" I reply, accidentally shouting. "No! I mean yes! I am! I'm completely, 100%, attracted to you Michael. It's just that I just got out of a relationship," I tell him.

"And you don't wanna move too fast?"

"Correct," I reply. "I want to do everything in the world with you Michael, but I don't wanna rush things and ruin it. I want to get to know you and I want you to get to know me."

Michaels nods, hopefully in agreement, and lays back down. I lay down right next to him and rest my head on his chest. His arm is quickly around me and he kisses the top of my head as I fall back asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.