Chapter 17

Francesca's P.O.V:
----/ 16 Days 'Till Amor Aeternus \----

I'm currently with Tomas. We're heading to Onna's place to see if there's something wrong with that contract Tomas was so worried about.

"If this doesn't work -"

I cut him off. "Don't! Don't even say it. This is going to work." I reassured.

"Fine. Imagine an alternate reality where your plan doesn't work..." I rolled my eyes and he continued. "What would the other you do for a job?"

"If she's anything like me, and that's hard to believe, considering her plan doesn't work, she wouldn't worry too much. I've definitely got enough money saved up for..." I railed, trying to remember for how much.

"For how long? Come on, I'm not paying you that much."

He rarely pays me.

"Long enough." I simply replied. He slowly nodded his head.

*Time Skip - Onna's House*

"Hey, thanks for doing this. I know you've got other stuff to worry about." I thanked Onna.

She shrugged. "Not really." I gave her a 'what the hell?' look and she gave me a 'you'll find out soon enough' look. She then looked at Tomas and smiled. "Hi. I don't think we've formally met." She said whilst shaking his hand. "I'm Onna."

"I'm Tomas." He introduced himself whilst smile. "This means a lot to me. If this works, you'll get free coffee for life."

Bring it in, grandpa.

Onna chuckled. "Don't sweat it."

"Oh, hey Fran." I looked behind Onna and saw... David? "Good to see you."

"Hi..." I awkwardly greeted him. "This is my boss, Tomas."

"Nice to meet you." David replied with a smile. What the actual hell..? "What's all this about again?"

Tomas shrugged. "Trying to save our cafe."

"Wow, sounds heavy. Well, in that case, I'll get out of your hair. Good luck." He said before leaving.

"Is everything all right?" I asked her.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... With David?" I asked.

"Everything's great." She smiled.

I rose my brows. "Like... Actually?"

"You worry too much about my love life. Now. Looking at this contract may take a while. Why don't you two make yourselves comfortable or go for a walk or something?" She suggested.

I nodded and looked at Tomas. "I know a nice trail nearby." I smiled.

"Let's do it!" He exclaimed.

"I'll call you when I'm ready." Onna informed us.

We nodded and got out of the house.

"You okay?" He asked as we sat on the grass, in front of the river. (A/N: in media)

"I'm... Disturbed..." I honestly replied.

"Why?" He asked.

"My sister didn't want to talk about her relationship!" I exclaimed.

"Well, her husband was there..."

I sighted. "I know, but I would've picked it up from her, somehow. I can read her body language. Her husband came back, they seem to be happier than ever, and she didn't even bother to tell me. I don't know whether to feel insulted or relieved. She's like a completely new person."