Chapter 31

One year later:

A whole year passed... and nothing. I'm actually starting to think Mary changed her mind.

I'm still super paranoid. school finished... well my first crazy year there.

It's crazy to think how everything just blew up into a big shitty mess. It feels like just yesterday I was watching tv at home with all my brothers and mother. Of course life can't be simple for all of us.

"Ahhhhhhhhh! Mommy, come save me from the beast!" Instantly I'm up and running towards Abigail. In a frantic panic to find her. Finally I spot her being chased by a massive black wolf, and instantly relax knowing that Seth is just playing his favorite game of wolf tag. I smile at both my babies until I notice them glance at each other and run towards me with Abby screaming, "Get her!!" Soon enough we are all running around our brand new homes backyard.

Me and Abby get tackled softly to the ground by a fully clothed Seth. He tickles both of us until we can't breath anymore. "You win!" I shout at him. He smiles at me and leans in to kiss me when an all to familiar yuck comes from Abby.

So far life is perfect. Today we are having a backyard barbecue. Believe it or not I even accepted Jasmine into my life. I've gotten to know her better. Oh and I've meet my real brother Jude. Ugh he's so amazing it's awesome to have a real brother. Nick and Nate are also coming, because they have been truthful with me since I was little.

Ding, Dong.

There goes the doorbell. Seth left to answer it. As we waited for people the come to the back. I felt watched. Abby not knowing anything that has happened was unaware of the watching eyes.

As I'm scanning the area I see a set of Red eyes. No. Not today, please no.

As I glance towards the house and look back the eyes are gone. Maybe I'm imagining stuff...

The one thing I can't shake is that Mary said Abigail was supposed to be a boy, so imagine my shocked face in the delivery room when the doctor pronounced my "Andrew" as an "Abigail."

I began to hear the footsteps coming closer so I stood and place Abby onto my hip. Immediately she is snatched by mom(Jasmine). While Jude, Nick, and Nate bear hug me all together. The release me instantly when a threatening growl erupts from behind us. I roll my eyes knowing who the growl belongs to.

'Shut up Seth. I'm yours, and only yours. besides these are my brothers.' I mind linked my fuming husband... yes husband.

We had a wedding after a month Abby was born. Such a beautiful memory with all my favorite people.

I've even made a few new friends as well... This includes my delivery nurse Nora. Also, our two neighbors the Johnson's, consisting of Jim, and Emily with there two daughters Rose, and Emilia. Next the Drew's, consisting of Roger and Beth with there two boys, Isaac and Flinn, and one girl Cade.

Everyone was here and happy. Oh and surprise Nick and Nate both found there mates! Nick's mate is heavily pregnant. while Nate's newborn is asleep in his car seat.

The family. My family. My mixed up, took forever to get here family.

"Ok guys... Lets eat!" I shouted to everyone. I think the people on the other side of the town heard me too... oh well.

We all dug in to the delicious food that my skillful mate cooked up. Mid way threw eating Jude cleared his throat. "Can I have your attention guys." we all looked at him waiting.

"So, I didn't know when the best place or time was to tell you all this... but, I found my mate yesterday." He finished with a grin.

We all congratulated him on his finding. From experience I know a mate is someone that you cherish, and don't play around with.

Through out dinner we all made small talk. Until the dreaded subject came up. Nick brought it up. "so... She hasn't come for Abby yet... What does that mean?" He finished as he nervously glanced down into his lap. By now I had put Abby to sleep in her room.

I honestly didn't know what to tell him, so I responded bluntly. "I have no idea why, but I know when she came when I was pregnant at school she kept saying he.... But Abby is a she. Maybe that has something to do with it. I honestly don't know. I wish I had an answer." I sadly replied. Seth rubbed my arm to soothe me.

Suddenly we heard a branch crack. Our heads snapped up towards the direction of the sound to see Mary step out.

"Hello, again Jade." She spoke in a mocking voice. I froze in my spot.

"What are you doing here. After a whole year!" I rudely remarked.

She chuckled, and stepped out of the woods more. I felt Seth squeeze my hand for reassurance. I glared at her and stood up. "Get off of my yard, and stay the hell away from my family." I said as venomously as I could.

Again she just chuckled and said, "Relax Jade. All that stress will really sneak up on you."

Is this bitch serious. Can she get to the damn point already.

Seth stood up from his chair and spoke, "You'd have to go through all of us for our daughter." He seethed.

She only laughed and said, "Not yet. The time isn't right. When your girl is 16, there will be a vicious war between you stupid dogs. This is the time when I shall come for your daughter. So be ready my lovelies for war shall be upon you." With that said a whizzing noise was heard and she disappeared. I just stood there shocked, and frightened for the future of our daughter.

But I knew one thing for sure... This momma was not going down without a fight.

__________________

Ok loves just a few more chaps from here and we shall be done!... FINALLY!!!!

The next few chapters will have future spikes.... So don't be surprised if Abigail is like 3 and then she's 14 in the next paragraph... Just trying to finish the book...

As always comment, follow, and vote!

Bye!!! 💋