Chapter 10

"Luke, I swear to fucking god, if you throw me in the goddamn lake I'll-" he leans over the railing of his yacht, holding me by the waist.

"Luke, Luke!" I panic. "Stop! Don't do it baby!"

"You have to say the magic words." he snickers. Kendall and Lauren and Luke's friends are all standing by watching, laughing.

"Please?"

"That's not the magic word." he laughs. "I said words." he says, emphasizing the 'S.'

"Luke, I swear to fucking god, if you do this, I'll break up with you."

"Are you serious?" he asks.

"Yes!" I gasp. He hesitates.

"You're bluffing."

"Try me."

"You still have to say the magic word."

"And if I don't?" I ask. "I'll break up with you in a heartbeat."

He doesn't say anything for a second, and then he pulls me over the railing, back on the deck.

I giggle.

"I was totally bluffing." I kiss his cheek and walk inside the boat.

"What?" he follows me. "You were bluffing?"

"Of course I was bluffing." I laugh. "I'm not going to leave you for something like that."

"Fine." he picks me up. I start screaming on top of my lungs. It's nineteen degrees out and tonight his family comes in from Florida. They're rich as hell and almost all of them own businesses so they're going to be here until January. I keep telling Luke to let me move out and go home but when I mentioned my house he freaked out, so I told him I sold the place even though I didn't.

We've been together for about two weeks now and I'm very happy.

"Luke!" I plead, my feet hanging over the water. "Please don't do this."

I hear him sigh slowly and pull me back on deck.

"We should go." he sighs.

<><>

It's nine thirty and I'm in red fuzzy pajama pants and one of Luke's black t-shirts with no bra on. My head is against Luke's side and we're just waiting for everyone to arrive.

His phone starts ringing.

"Hey Dad." he says. He listens for a moment and then sighs. "I would have to make a couple of trips." He sighs. "Alright. Love you too, bye."

He hangs up and pats my thigh. "Get dressed. We both have to go to the airport to get my family because their ride never showed up."

I nod slowly and go upstairs. I strip down to my gray boy shorts and put on a matching push up bra. I pull on a white sweater thats longer in the back and pair of black skinny jeans. I add tan combat boots that are like high heels and curl my hair. Luke comes in. He strips down to his boxers and puts on a pair of black jeans and a tank top.

"No." I say. "Change your shirt. It's, like, ten degrees outside."

"Why can't I wear this?"

"Because it's ten degrees outside. Your Mom won't appreciate you dressing like that in this weather."

"Alyssa, you are not my Mother."

"I didn't say I was your mother, but I'm your girlfriend and your balls are going to shrivel into tiny raisins."

He exhales slowly and pulls his shirt off. He pulls on a black long sleeve shirt. He runs his fingers through his hair a few times and shoves his feet into his converse.