"Good Afternoon Illèa. We have updates on the Southern Rebels. They were extinct 20 years ago but have recently returned in the past couple years. We have had hard attacks in our Queens hometown, Carolina, York, and Paloma. The attacks have seem to worsen at the start of the Selection. We are doing everything in our power to put a stop to this. Thank you." King Maxon stepped away from the podium and sat back down on his throne seat.

"We have a special treat for all of you! The Selection is very much still alive! We have 25 beautiful ladies remaining! Prince Jackson is going to have to step it up! We're not even half way! Now for that special treat, ladies and gentlemen of Illèa, you all get a sneak peek of all the dates this past week! And here you have it!"

A screen showed all kinds of dates: movies, horse back riding, archery, lunch and dinner dates, all were unique and creative. But there was a small detail that maybe only I catched,

I was the only one who wasn't in the film.

£££££££££££££££

About an hour after the Report, there was a knock at the door.

"Crap." I muttered as my maids were untying my tight corset.

"I'll just go and tell him to give you a minute." Amber said walking to the door.

"Make that 5." I said as we stepped into my closet to hide.

I heard Amber say something then that's when I heard his voice. My heart leaped into my throat. It was starting to become a routine.

Melody and Veronica finished undoing my dress and they handed me a robe and night gown to throw on. I looked at the mirror in the closet and pulled my curls to the side, actually looking quite pretty for once.

I stepped out and was met by a eager looking Jackson. Amber, Veronica, and Melody left without another word.

He smiled and pulled out a single red rose. "Just thought you might want it."

How does he remember small details like this?

I smiled and accepted it without a word.

"Let's sit." I said as I walked to the couches overlooking the view of the garden. He followed me and right about when I was about to take a seat in the cream colored sofa, I tripped and would've landed face first and maybe broken my nose if it weren't for Jackson. He caught me by my waist and steadied me.

I burst out laughing. "I have the worst balance issues."

He chuckled, "It's alright, I'll always be here to catch you when you fall."

I blushed and turned to face him, just now realizing that his hands were still on my hips. He seemed to realize it at the same time, and awkwardly let go.

I quickly sat down and crossed my legs, which was a habit now.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked playing with the end of my robe.

He sat down across from me and let out a big sigh.

"We haven't spoken much since that night." He said, meeting my eye.

I slightly looked down. "There's a lot to think about."

"A-all I ever think about is you." He seemed at a lost for words.

Likewise.

"You've been on mind ever since. Your laugh, your smile, the way you walk and talk. I see you from afar, having a good time, and when I get the courage to come and speak to you, you become cold and distant."