~Chapter 4

- 4- 

  Butterfly glanced back and forth between Lance, Asia, and Isaiah. In her mind, she re-winded what Isaiah had said. He called Asia his sis, and then he called Lance his future brother-in-law. 

  "Can somebody explain to me what's going on?" Butterfly asked, with a frown. 

  "Let me introduce you to my sister, Asia." He wrapped his arm around her and smiled. "This is my future brother-in-law, Lance. He finally proposed to Asia yesterday." 

  Butterfly couldn't believe her ears. How could Lance propose to Asia yesterday? Butterfly clenched her teeth. 

  Butterfly stopped pacing to turn and look at Lance. "You asked Asia to marry you on our wedding day? How could you do this to me? After all, we've been through. I have been through thick and thin with you, but you just end it like this?" 

  Lance sighed and said, "I thought I already explained it to you at the church. I just fell out of love with you. It happens sometimes. I already apologized to you, so I don't know what more you want me to do." 

  Butterfly clenched her fists and said, "By the time I leave here, you'll know what I want you to do." 

  She ran back into Isaiah's bedroom, to get the bat she was trying to hit Isaiah with. Now it was Lance's turn, to feel the pain she was feeling. 

  Butterfly heard them discussing her, but her focus was on getting back at Lance for doing the ultimate betrayal. She ran up to him and tried to hit him with the bat, but she missed. His reflexes were too quick for her. Butterfly continued to strike at Lance with as much force as she could. 

  Strong arms wrapped around her, while she kept trying to swing at Lance. Isaiah grabbed her tighter trying to get them to the back of the apartment.

"Let me go," she said, while trying to get out of Isaiah's tight grip around her midsection. 

  He still had a firm grip on her, as he slammed the bedroom door shut. His chest was rising and falling rapidly against her back. "Can you let me go now?" she asked. 

  "I will once you drop the bat," he said into her ear, sending tingles along the nape of her neck. 

  Butterfly squirmed under the pressure of his hold on her. She dropped the bat, while he steadily held her in his arms. She dropped the bat, but he still hadn't let go of her. She liked the feeling of his arms wrapped tightly around her. Butterfly knew she shouldn't like it since she just broke up with Lance. But her body was responding to him and she just couldn't help that. 

  "Are you calm now?" he asked. His lips grazed her ear, making her breathe in sharply. 

  "Yeah, so you can let go now." 

  Isaiah let her go and she stepped away from the warmth of his body. She turned around to see him staring at her intensely. "Do you want to tell me what's going on?" he asked. 

  She put her hands on her hips and frowned up at him. "Are you a little slow? I guess you didn't fit two and two together, huh?" 

  "Stop being so stubborn and just tell me what happened between you, Asia and Lance." 

  She scoffed. "I'm not being stubborn. I just don't think I should be the one explaining it to you. If you want to know just ask Asia, or Lance." 

  He sighed and stepped closer to her. "I'm asking you though. I want to hear your side of the story." 

  She narrowed her eyes at him and said, "You really want to know what happened? Your sister ruined my wedding day. Satisfied with my answer now?" 

"So you and Lance were going to get married yesterday, but my sister ruined it for you? That can't be right."