Let's Eat Santa's Cookies

T'was the night before Christmas

And all through the house

not a creature was stirring

not even a mouse

that is, except for Brendon and Warren

Who were pressed against the kitchen counter,

making out

My fingers played with sticky dough covered in flour, rolling it to an appropriate thickness. Brendon was turning all the Christmas lights on outside, and even plugging in some scent sprayers to make the house smell like our pine tree isn't totally dead and crumbling to pieces. 

Using the cookie cutters I bought, we cut the dough into Santas, candy canes, gingerbread men, and some adult humor shapes, or more specifically, gay men humor shapes. Before popping them in the oven, I make the frosting and take a picture as a monument in our relationship.

Now I sit on the counter with my arms around Brendon's neck and legs around his bum. We're kissing and kissing until the cookies are done. This is the best part of Christmas, the smell of sugar cookies and pine throughout the house, being with the one you love, awaiting Christmas in just a few hours.

Snow falls outside while we osculate each other happily. This is the most perfect moment of my entire life, I want to cry and laugh and throw up the butterflies in my stomach. I don't know what the anticipation is really even for.

Maybe it's Christmas creeping up on us, when I give Brendon his presents, maybe it was the hope that we would take this kiss a single step further, that is if the timer didn't interrupt us, telling us the cookies are done. I finally broke the kiss unwillingly, and smiled at Brendon.
     "You know, Santa isn't coming if we're not asleep," he mentioned, "he knows we're not asleep so we wont get any presents." I smile at him, god I am lucky.

I sigh dramatically,
     "Too bad, you'll have to settle for my presents." I take the cookies out of the oven and wait for them to cool, together decorate them and take lots of pictures. I took about 80 pictures, most were blurry because we were laughing so much we couldn't keep still. It feels nice to just decorate Christmas penises and laugh about it with my best friend, nothing has changed since we starting getting to know each other.

At the end of the night, we sat on the couch with smiles on our faces. I leaned on his chest and we ate Santa's cookies and drank his milk. Brendon even pulled out some carrots "for his reindeer" for me to have. Until the early hours of the morning on Christmas day, Brendon and I cuddled, eating carrots, cookies, and frosting.