Am I bitching now?

"Wait... How did you burn your hand again?" Kylie wrapped my hand in a beige cloth bandage.

"I explained it already..." I looked at her then my hand

"Yeah I know you did. But it makes no sense. I thought you and Bill were done"

"We are!"

"But"

"Yeah... I'm just as confused as you" I sighed laying my head on her shoulder. I closed my eyes trying to think of when he could have done it. Here I was thinking I finally did something by myself. That they had accepted me for the job because they genuinely liked my application and believed I was good enough for it. "It all makes sense now" I announced

"What makes sense?.."

"The other day... bill came over and mentioned something about how he's done things for me and that I should be running into his arms kissing and calling him daddy. At the time I thought Bill had finally lost it. That he was mad but that must have been what he meant." I thought "What else would he be talking about..."

"Do you think it's just the job... Or that he's done more?"

"I hope not.... But how do I confirm it? I can't just go up to my boss and ask. That's so strange to bring up..."

"Call him and tell him to meet up at the coffee shop three blocks down"

"Call?"

"Text... Call whatever you fancy"

-

I sat nervously at the small table looking at the cafes door. Harry sat a couple seats away dressed in a trench coat and funny hat with Kylie. There was no way I would ever want to be alone with Bill. The door opened and a chubby figure in a tight suit walked in. I took a deep breath, he spotted me and wickedly smile. Like the Cheshire Cat.

"Glad you finally came to your senses, I missed you baby" he reached for my hands but I pulled them back.

"Stop. I called you to talk about important things"

"What things? Our relationship? I've missed you"

"I don't miss you."

"Then why am I here?"

"Bill... Did you have something to do with me getting a job?.."

"What do you mean?"

"Did you have something to do with Cora giving me the position of an accountant?"

"I may have. Why?"

"Give me a yes or no answer."

"Yes I did. Why?"

"Bill... How did you get me my job?"

"If I told you you'd never forgive me" he pulled his collar moving his shoulders.

"Just tell me" I sighed

"I... I might have slept with your boss"

"Did you do it to just do it... Or did you specifically ask for my placement?"

"I specifically asked for your placement. I love you and I'd never do anything to hurt you"

"When did you do this?" I ignored his comment which was pure bullshit.

"That's not important"

"When did you do this?" I repeated my voice more stern

"Who do you think was in there before you entered for your interview?..." I thought for a moment remembering back to when I had my interview I had to wait at least twenty minutes before I finally entered. When I did Cora had messed up hair and was really cheery. No wonder she smiled and laughed at everything I said.