14: Christmas

Shiloh's POV:
Aah. Christmas Morning. First order of business: attempt to get my brothers to sleep until 8. Second order of business: bribe them.

I smiled as I held up the necklace I had been eyeing for quite some time. "Thank you, I love it." I hugged both of my parents and brothers. "Alright, I think that's the last one. Now, whoever picks up the most wrapping paper gets this $20 bill." My dad held up $20 for us to see. "Ready. Set. Go!"

My phone went off, and I realized it was Itachi.

"Hello?"

"Hey Shi, I was wondering if you could meet me at the park tonight at 8. We can watch the fireworks together."

"I'll ask, one second.
My parents are fine with it. Where should I meet you?"

"By the tree at the entrance."

"Okay, see you then. Merry Christmas."

"Thanks, you too."

I hung up and sighed contentedly.

•••

Shiloh's POV:
I waited for Itachi at the tree where we were meeting. Soon enough, he arrived.

"Who's the lost one now?" I teased. "Still you Shi," he retorted. "What, never!" We both laughed. Itachi held out his hand. "Come on, let's go before the fireworks start." I took his hand and we walked to the field together.

"Let's sit under that tree!" I lead Itachi to said tree, and we relaxed against the trunk. The fireworks started, and a vast array of colors filled the sky. "Shi, what do the fireworks look like?" I looked at the sky. "Well, this one is bright red, kind of like blood, but not. Hopefully." He laughed. "Oh, and they're shaped like this." I took Itachi's hand in mine and made many lines in a circle. "Thanks Shi. For everything. I owe you a lot." I scoffed. "You don't owe me anything. You're always there for me too. We're like yin and yang. They rely one each other and balance the other out." Itachi nodded. "I like that a lot." "Me too. Me too."

We continued watching the fireworks when I made a bold move. I gently pushed Itachi's legs apart and crawled between them. Then I leaned against his chest. He looked surprised at first, but then smiled. His arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer. I yawned and snuggled into his chest. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep.

•••

"Shi." I rubbed my eyes and looked at Itachi. "Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you." "It's okay, I like having you on me." Itachi smirked at me and I playfully hit his arm. "Itachi!" To make matters worse, my stomach growled. "Hungry?" I nodded. "Yeah." "Do you want ice cream?" "Please and thank you."

We walked to a nearby ice cream store. "What can I get for you?" asked the girl behind the counter. "Um, one scoop of chocolate and one scoop of mint please." "Anything else?" "No, that's all." "Your total is $5." I reached for my wallet, but Itachi beat me to it. "Thank you, here's your ice cream." I took them and handed the mint to Itachi. "You know, we could've split the cost." Itachi shrugged. "It was $5. Anyways this is me paying you back." "You don't have to! Remember, yin and yang?!" "Yeah, but I want to Shi." I sighed realizing that there was no point in arguing.

The two of us left the store after finishing our ice cream. We headed home hand in hand. As we were walking under the trees in the park, I looked up. "Mistletoe." I breathed. Itachi stopped. "Itachi?" "Can I kiss you?" I didn't answer. Instead, I pulled him down to me and pressed our lips together. Itachi's hands slid down my back to lift me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist. Our lips moved against each other. My fingers were gripping his hair. He had a delicate, but strong hold on me. We slowly pulled apart, panting. "I love you." our voices synchronized. Once again, our hands found each other, and we continued home. "Best Christmas ever." I thought.