7: Bonds

This chapter isn't as sad, I pinky promise (you'll get the joke after you read this chapter)!
Shiloh's POV:
It was lunchtime, and I was currently searching for Itachi, A.K.A. The Only Friend I Have. I found myself in the courtyard outside. It was a good size. Trees, tables, well, that's pretty much it. I wondered around until I saw a hint of black behind one of the trees. I approached him, trying to make my footsteps loud so I didn't surprise him. "Itachi?" I sat down next to him. "Shiloh?" "I didn't see you in the lunchroom." "I'm sorry Shi, I got sidetracked." I sighed, "I forgive you, but you're making me feel clingy." "You're not. I promise." "Pinky promise?" I held out my pinky. He chuckled, "That's so sexy..." I thought. My face instantaneously reddened. "Pinky promise." He said, holding out his pinky. I linked our fingers together. We ate in silence until the bell rang. "See you later?" I asked. "See you later." I smiled.

As I was making my way to class, someone bumped into me. Not very hard, but being as tiny as I am, it knocked me over. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, are you okay?!" I looked up to see a girl with light brown hair and green eyes. "I'm fine, it didn't even hurt." I responded. "That's good. Really good." She held out her hand and helped me up. "I'm Chelsea, by the way. What's your name?" "Shiloh." "Nice to meet you Shiloh. I think we're going to be great friends."

On my way home, I couldn't stop thinking about Chelsea. I'd actually made a friend. As I walked through the doorway, I was greeted by Xavier and Miles, my younger brothers. My mom peeked her head around the corner from the kitchen. "Hi honey, how was school?" "Great, I made a new friend." "Really? Tell me more." "Her name is Chelsea and we met when she ran into me in the hallway." "Ran into you? Are you okay?" She looked me over from head to toe. "Yeah, I'm fine, you know how tiny I am." The front door opened and closed again, revealing my dad. He's a middle school teacher, which he insists is better than elementary. "How was work?" My mom questioned. "Same as usual, how about you?" "Fine, I got a new case to work on." (My mom is a lawyer). "Ah, good, good. What about you Shiloh, boyfriend, girlfriend, friend in general?" "Yes, actually, I made a friend, and I'm sure Mom would be happy to pass on the details." "Alright, easy tiger." I sighed. Typical Dad. "Dinner time", Mom called. She made pasta salad, something she had done a lot since I got sick. There were a lot of things that changed when I got diagnosed. Both of my parents wanted to take time off from work, but didn't at my insistence. Xavier and Miles were constantly at daycare while I was in the hospital. I cut off all of my hair, rather than letting it fall out from chemo. I was NED (no evidence of disease) for a while, but it was short lived. Soon enough, tumors had grown all over my chest. I was in the hospital again for more chemo, radiation, and treatment trials. I also lost a lot of weight, making me even tinier than I already was. But some good came from it. I got to do amazing things. And I met some pretty great people too. Including a certain blind, Leukemic, 15 year old.