3: Walk in the Park

Itachi's POV:
I waited patiently by my favorite spot in the park. An oak tree right by the entrance, where I could hear people come and go. I was meeting Shiloh, it turns out we had a lot in common, besides cancer. And, I might have developed a crush. I felt myself blush at the thought of it.

"Itachi", a voice called, pulling me back to reality. I recognized it as Shiloh's and I smiled. "Sorry I'm late, I kind of got a little lost", she said. "It's fine, I like it here. And how did you get lost? I thought you've lived her since you were 5." I teased. "Hey, at least I was honest!" she retorted. "Sure, sure." "Wait, is that a service dog?" Shiloh asked. "Oh, yeah this is Myla. We've been inseparable since I went blind." "But, why wasn't she at the hospital? I mean, I wasn't that hysterical." I laughed. "Myla had her own appointment to go to. And I obviously couldn't go with, so I was on my own." "Oh, gotcha. So, should we go?" I simply nodded and pushed myself off the tree.

We walked for a while in silence, Myla leading me. Shiloh spoke up,"Hey Itachi? Why are you talkative and then suddenly so quiet? I mean, I don't have a problem with it or anything. Actually, I think it's kind of cute... Wait did I say the out loud?!" I chuckled and turned towards her voice. "I don't really know. Habit, I guess. But I'm glad you think it's cute. And I can tell you're blushing by the way." " What?! It's that bad, huh? Oh well." We walked on until I stopped. "Come on, I want my mom to meet you." I said. "Your mom? Um, okay. I'll probably start stuttering just a warning." she answered. "You don't need to be nervous. She'll love you, I can already tell." I lead her into my apartment building and into the elevator. We stopped on the 15th and got out. Once again, letting Myla lead me, I stopped at 1514. "Here we are," I smiled and pulled her inside.