4: Meetings

Itachi's POV:
I led Shiloh inside, aware of the tension in the air. "Hey," I said, catching her hand in mine,"You'll be fine, my mom will love you." She relaxed and I let go of her hand, making mine feel almost empty.

Footsteps came closer, and my mom called out to me. "Itachi, are you home?" "Yeah Mom, I am and I brought Shiloh with too."

Shiloh's POV:
A woman with dark eyes and long, black hair tied in a ponytail stepped into view. "Hi", I said meekly,"I'm Shiloh." She smiled,"It's so nice to meet you Shiloh, Itachi's told me a lot about you." I flushed and bit my lip. "See, I told you she'd love you," Itachi grinned.

Itachi's POV:
I showed Shiloh around my apartment until we got to my room. "I'm sorry if it's messy, I can't really tell." She giggled and I smiled. Her laugh was adorable. I sat down on my bed and gestured for her to do the same. We sat in silence, until Shiloh spoke. "My hair's falling out again",she said,"I've been acting like it doesn't bother me, but it does. I miss it. Not being sick. Having hair." She exhaled softly. "I'm sorry, I just wanted to tell someone and I figured you would understand, and-". "Shiloh," I reached my hand out, hoping to stroke the little hair she had,"It's okay. Don't apologize. You can talk to me." She shifted and from my hand in her hair, I figured it was her head that she rested on my chest. "I-Itachi?" "Hm?" "Thank you." I smiled softly and continued holding her.