Chapter 4

A/N: Trigger Warning

Two more days had passed, concluding Lauren's first week back in the States one to remember. Though she hasn't gotten as much as sleep as she'd like, her new friends continued to bring her to do many adventurous things. They went to an amusement park in the city, went to the mall that had a zip line, and even visited an aquarium.

Yesterday they even bought tickets to catch a college football game since most of them were alumni's at the University of Georgia. Lauren never attended any high school game, so they thought it would be perfect under the circumstances.

"So you tailgate for a pregame, scream at the players, then go home?" Lauren playfully asked.

"Pretty much," Louis shrugged as he hopped onto the back of the truck bed. "Except, today marks the start of a perfect Labor Day weekend which means that we tailgate, scream, then continue the party at the lake."

"I thought it was the carnival?"

"That's tomorrow. The lake is for anyone 19 and older," Ally added on. "It's been a tradition in this town for years."

Lauren nodded in understanding. The rest of the group set up their chairs in the parking lot next to their rented RV, thanks to Dinah and Troy. They even brought out a barbecue grill for cooking their delicious annual lunch to kick off the weekend, with canopies and small tables for all of them to hang out.

The entire parking lot was full of football fans and party goers, cheering and chanting for their teams.

"Here, put this on." Maia threw a red jersey at Lauren, one that resembled the teams.

"You didn't have to buy this for me," The green eyed girl stood up. Over the past 36 hours, they've gotten closer to the point where Maia constantly has her smiling. Camila sat quietly and kept to herself, unless someone approached her. She was giving off a different vibe than before, and as much as Lauren wanted to know why, all she wanted was to have a great time.

"I know, silly. I wanted to." Maia flirted. "I want you to feel right at home, so it even has your last name on the back. I hope its spelled right." She chuckled out as Lauren took a look.

In white letters, it read Jauregui with a big number 21 below it.

"I didn't know what number to get, but you definitely look like a twenty one." Maia winked as Lauren hugged her.

"Thanks Maia."

__

The day went on and many people in the parking lot were feeling buzzed. Of course, since most of them were college students, fights had broken out. Both physical and verbal, and it was all so entertaining to the green eyed girl.

"Ouch," Camila was nudged forward by a drunken male. "Watch it."

Lauren stood back and watched, knowing that the smaller brunette was able to stand her ground.

"Come on, baby. Don't be like that" The man drunkenly slurred, putting hands on Camila. "How about we get out of here-"

"I think that's enough, buddy." Lauren courageously stepped in between them, moving Camila behind her back.

"Who the hell are you?" He angrily asked. "I was just talking to her, buddy."

"She clearly didn't want to talk to you." Lauren shrugged. "Just walk away."

"Is there something wrong here?" Another voice joined them, putting the drunk man in a friendly head lock. Lauren noticed he was buffer than his friend and had Greek letters on his shirt that signaled that he was in a fraternity, but still held her head up high as the crowd started gathering around.