Why not hang gliding.

We stood on the cliff. Gear on and wings above us. Where we stood was a great view from the ocean. Which just made it worse.
"So why hang gliding?" Brandon asked from behind me. His voice strung with fear.
"Why not hang gliding." I said trying to act brave. Even though I felt like I needed to throw up.
"Yeah I get it." He said. "The whole of your a bird, I'm a bird thing."
A gush of wind blew against the wings and I almost lost my balance.
"Ok. You go then he." Said the instructor. "You fly that way, wind not so bad, you live."
"Has anyone ever died doing this?" Brandon asked as the instructor pulled against some straps on my vest.
"Only one, long time ago." He said then walked back.
"Are you scared?" I asked
"Nah...are you?" He asked.
"Nah....maybe a little bit." I said.
"Yeah...um I'm terrified."
I inhaled and exhaled slowly.
"If your a bird, I'm a bird. Right?" He said.
"Yeah. We can fly."
"Yeah. Together?"
"Together."
I breathed slowly then the instructor spoke.
"Ok. Three...two"
"Ahh I don't think I can do this." I quaked.
"You got this callie, come on." Brandon said.
"One." He said as I ran forward and jumped off the cliff.
The wind guided me and nothing seemed real. Maybe except the sound of Brandon screaming behind me.
It took a while to get use to but once
I did. It was magic.
"Brandon!" I laughed.
"Ahh!"
"Brandon!...we're flying!" I yelled
The ocean sparkled and the wind was cold on my arms. I looked over at Brandon who was now just to my right.
"Wooooo!" He cheered.
I laughed and that moment we were connected. Connected by fear and by risk but most importantly we were connected by love.
The ground grew closer and my heart
Sped up again.
"Brandon how do we land?" I asked.
"Remember what he told you!"
The ground was closer now close enough to jump onto without breaking a bone.
I pulled back and the craft slow until my feet hit the ground and as I dragged my feet for a few seconds to slow it.
I stopped and looked over at Brandon.
"Brandon!" I said unclicking my vest.
"Callie!" He said as he appeared from his craft and ran over.
I ran to him and when he met we wrapped our arms around each other tightly enough to feel warmth.
"That was amazing" I said as we withdrew. He still kept his hands gripping my arms and I with his.
"Do you feel like a superhero?" He asked panting.
"That's gonna make a really good story." I laughed then pressed my lips against his.
"We are insane." He said laughing.
We both could hardly talk. Our breaths short and useless. We were hot and sweating and free.
He looked over my shoulder and a smile appeared on his face.
I turned to see the ocean soft and calm in the Mexican sun.
"First one there gets to drive." I said turning and running from him.
"That's cheating." He laughed from behind me.
When I made it to the water I don't even worry about getting changed or taking off my close. I was drawn the the sensation of cold salty water filling my shoes and cooling my body to think.
I fell over and into the water. It was so refreshing.
"You cheated." Brandon said as he walked into the water.
I stood up and went to walk out when he wrapped his arms around my waste pulling me back in.
"Cheaters don't get away that easily." He said pulling me into the water with him.
We weren't out deep. Brandon sat down and the water was just below with shoulders. He pulled me down and I sat facing him on his lap. My legs on either side of him. His arms around me, just kissing. I could taste the salt on his lips from the ocean.
I smiled then pushed him under the water and swam back onto the shore.
Sitting down on the wet sand where my body sunk slightly into.
I watched Brandon climbed out the water. His shirt was wet and stuck to his body like glue.
He sat down next to me and looks at me for some reason.
I looked over at him then back to the sea.
"It's almost sun down. " he said calmly.
"Yeah, and?" I said looking over at him.
"The day is almost over. " he said as he laced his sandy wet hands through him.
"We only had today."
I licked my lips tasting salt and the fine sand.
"We have to be back by tommorow." I said "at least we can have tomorrow."
"A few hours at least." He said looking out at the sun just hitting the horizon.
"Then we go back to icing each other out you..."
"What about me?"
"And you just being the girl I never got to dance with at prom."
I looked at him then smirked.
"Since when was there a prom?" I asked in a laugh.
"The winter ball, metropolis. That was kinda prom-y."
"That's not even a word."
"I know."
There was a pause and then he jumped up.
He grabbed my hand.
"What are we doing?"
"We are dancing."
"Ok,ok" I stood up and we danced.
I wrapped my arms around Brandon and rested my head in hi shoulder.
"Maybe in another time, another place we could work." He said.
"Another universe perhaps"
"Another life maybe."
We danced as the sun set and the horror of losing him again set in.