Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I woke up still dizzy on my bed. My room, as always, is still clean. Although I notice that there are a few suitcases outside the door.

Mama had put an ice pack on my head since I hit my head pretty hard on the table.

I hear a soft knock on the door.

"Come in." I call.

Mama walks in and sits herself down on the edge of my bed.

"How are you feeling, sweetie?" She asks.

I manage a weak smile and reply.

"I'm fine now."

I go and ask the question that both of us are waiting for.

"Is Serena really coming?"

"Well, she's already downstairs." Mama says guiltily.

"If you want, you can meet her. She's talking to your dad." She adds.

I nod and sigh.

This is gonna go horrible.

*****

I get up after 10 minutes of pondering.

I stall as much as humanly possible, taking an extra 5 minutes in the shower; shampooing my hair even though I washed it yesterday night; I even cleaned the bathroom a bit before finally giving up and just going downstairs

There she was. I remembered her grim smile from when she turned all of my friends against me. I was having a stare off with her thinking why she had come here out of all the places. Then, she decided to start the conversation.

"Hey Pavan, it's been a long time since I've seen you."

"Same to you, Serena." That was it none of us said anything after that until my dad told me to show her my room upstairs because of course out of all the places she had to stay in my room. I let out a low sigh.

"Alright, follow me I guess." We made it up the stairs and to my room where I finally asked the questions.

"Why out of all the places did you come here Serena?" I asked with a slight rage.

"Well my dad and your dad used to be business partners, remember?" She replies.

"Of course I remember." I respond coldly.

She clears her throat and looks at me sheepishly.

"What?" I glare at her.

"I'm really sorry. I mean I know that you were really good friends with Lilly and all, and I didn't mean for her to-"

"Stop! I don't care anymore. You've caused so much destruction already, you can't fix it with a sorry." I yell.

She turns around and walks over to my bed.

"Which side is mine?" She asks.

"The floor." I reply, annoyed.

She sighs and turns back around.

"You wanna know the reason why I came here? I wanted to patch things up between us. I wanted us to be friends. I wanted you to know how much I regret Lilly d-"

"Girls go to sleep! You have school tomorrow!" My Mama bursts through the door and says.

"Okay Mama."

"Yes Mrs. Dhillion"

We say at the same time. We climb into the bed and my mom switches off the room light.

Worst. Day. Ever.